Chris Cornell RIP

What's Hot

Comments

• Lucks last match struck.

Enjoyed your music, thanks. 

RIP.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4974
    I'm not a huge fan myself, but clearly he was talented.  The grief police types are idiots; criticising others for their own failure to understand the the impact of music on people.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Blimey, that's awful. Loved Audioslave. 
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Damn it. Absolutely killer voice. Dead at 52? - that just sucks.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Sad news indeed. My favourite tracks he recorded are Say hello 2 heaven and Reach down. Gonna have to give them a spin when I get home tonight.

RIP Chris
  • TheBlueWolfTheBlueWolf Frets: 1536
    I'm choked up too :(

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23966
    eSully said:
    Strat54 said:
    Last night...

He's not right in this video. You can tell something is off here. Given the renewed commitment to Soundgarden and wife and kids, I doubt it would be suicide (although you never do know) I'm wondering whether it was a freak heart attack or something.

I'm deeply saddened by this loss. Was very lucky to see them play in Paris for the King Animal tour. What a band.
    There's loads of clips from last nights show online, watched that one and might work my way through the rest later. Unfortunately Rolling Stone on twitter are reporting the police are investigating it as a possible suicide!  :'(
    I've seen the potential suicide reports, also seen 2 claims of auto-erotic asphyxiation.

Good old modern news grasping at anything that might be an exclusive, even when whatever the US coroner / inquest process is has barely started.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Good old modern news grasping at anything that might be an exclusive, even when whatever the US coroner / inquest process is has barely started.

Yep - clickbait. Sensationalism's nothing new of course but sometimes I wish for the old days when the newspapers were printed once a day, TV news was a few times a day, and that was it.

Disgusting when you consider how families may feel about it. They'll be swarmed by Press right now...

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    This is still amazing, and always will be.  RIP

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Last song ever:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

I've seen the potential suicide reports, also seen 2 claims of auto-erotic asphyxiation.

The police have made an official comment.

Detroit police say they are investigating Cornell's death as a possible suicide. Police spokesman Michael Woody tells The Associated Press on Thursday morning that he can't provide details on what led investigators to make that determination, but noted there were "basic things observed at the scene."

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3137
    Last song ever:

Heartbroken. What a tragic tragic loss.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    Not normally one to get all upset about celebrity deaths but I feel pretty sad about this. Love Soundgarden and Audioslaves first album, he was such a talent.
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Unfortunately it seems he hung himself, one thing to take from this is that no matter how bleak things can seem, just reach out, someone somewhere cares and will help you, nothing is so bad that it can't be helped by talking. 

Rip Chris. 

We WILL miss you. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Sad news.

Cobain, Staley, Weiland and now Cornell :(

What does it mean when your idols kill themselves?
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    Honestly have never shed a tear over a celebrity death, it's just not something I do. While making dinner this evening I had black hole sun on, "heaven sent hell away, no one sings like you anymore" actually brought a tears to my eyes. I have lost 2  friends in the last few years who have hung themself, it seems to be the males way out, seldom hear of women hanging themself. 
    As @professorben says reach out, talk to someone, I wish my 2 friends had done so, I know I would have sat with them for however long was needed to help them. :(
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3491
    antifash said:
    Sad news.

Cobain, Staley, Weiland and now Cornell :(
    What does it mean when your idols kill themselves?
    Staley & Weiland deaths were drug related not suicide. 
  • A lot of his lyrics are deeply introspective, about mortality etc and obviously he was deeply depressed and in a dark place in the late 90's; but it did seem he had sorted himself and was a happy family man. The darkness must have stayed in there and came back to claim him. Im not going to judge as I am no expert on mental health and we have no idea of what went on in his life. Its so tragic for his children. 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5382
    Tragic. This evening's news puts certain songs and lyrics in a different light, like we should have noticed all this time.

It's almost incomprehensible the grunge singer death toll. I hope Eddie is happy and looking after himself.