Katana Tone Studio - Not available from Boss

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
    with the 100 watt and the head you can use a basic on off latching switch £5-£10 if you just want to change between channel 1 and 2.   the gafc footswitch does the 4 channels and you can select the effects on/off with it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    rossi said:
    Boss have realised that where as  us Mac users are all rich discerning geniuses ,Micro soft users are all spotty plebs  using Russian KGB technology  as their  defence against Russian hacks .
    You sir speak words of truth and wisdom. More discerning tone in the Mac version too.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Installed the Tone Studio last night after much faffing and date-amending. Ridiculous that Boss haven't sorted it out.

Lots of good stuff there once you get it installed. 
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Chuffola said:
    Installed the Tone Studio last night after much faffing and date-amending. Ridiculous that Boss haven't sorted it out.

Lots of good stuff there once you get it installed. 
    Agreed. It's been ages. Haven't even seen any communication from Boss which is shocking

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    UPDATE

Windows10 version has now gone live on the Boss site. 

• DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    I'm beginning to suspect that this software is only compatible with the 100w amps.  I've got a 50 and although there is a link that says it's for the 50 the contents all refer to the 100 and I cannot get it to work.  Being that I don't really need it and was just naturally curious it's not a big deal, just annoying following all of the convoluted instructions for nothing.   The Fender Fuse software that comes with the Mustang series amps is simple in comparison.  Still, I'm very happy with the amps performance in my band.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

I'm beginning to suspect that this software is only compatible with the 100w amps.  I've got a 50 and although there is a link that says it's for the 50 the contents all refer to the 100 and I cannot get it to work.  Being that I don't really need it and was just naturally curious it's not a big deal, just annoying following all of the convoluted instructions for nothing.   The Fender Fuse software that comes with the Mustang series amps is simple in comparison.  Still, I'm very happy with the amps performance in my band.
    I can't answer that because I've got the 100 and I also downloaded it before they released the new "fixed" version, but the only difference should be that you get 2 channels to play with instead of 4. 

The version that downloads shows me 4 channels and can't seem to understand that I have downloaded and installed the driver.  When I open it a pop up appears asking me to download the correct driver.  

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    It definitely works on the 50.  Not until you have done a firmware update though, its a bit of a far but the instructions boss gives work pretty well.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...

It definitely works on the 50.  Not until you have done a firmware update though, its a bit of a far but the instructions boss gives work pretty well.
       Thanks, I'll have to give that a shot.  I'm too curious to walk away from it but it is going to have to wait a few days.

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I'm having this problem with the tone studio/driver/system update merry go round on my mac. Can't get the bloody thing to work.. :p
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

usedtobe said:
    I'm having this problem with the tone studio/driver/system update merry go round on my mac. Can't get the bloody thing to work.. :p
    I'm not aware of there having been any problems with Mac, it's been there the whole time. I know with the Windows version you had to do things in a certain order: 

Firmware update for the amp, then Air on your pc and then finally install tone studio. 

Don't know the equivalent steps for you but could be worth checking? 

Maybe I'm just some sort of dunce..  :/
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

Sorted now.

Firmware update for the amp, then Air on your pc and then finally install tone studio. 

I'm trying to get this to work on my PC(actually 2, a desktop with Windows 7 and a laptop with Windows 10), Once I've followed these steps and open the studio it shows up and then a pop up opens telling me I need the right driver.  A link is provided so I download the driver(it says it installs itself after downloading is complete).  Then nothing.  I open the program and get the same driver pop up again, both computers.    

The problem I had, may have stemmed from doing a factory reset, to get rid of the delay problem, and then the system update on the katana, but mainly from not reading and following the update instructions properly. It wasn't the driver that was the issue for me, but the system update, on the amp, and my thing of not following instructions properly.

Not suggesting anyone else isn't following the instructions, btw, it's me, I find myself mentally switching off, part way through. Always done it. Drives me mad..

• JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260

I'm trying to get this to work on my PC(actually 2, a desktop with Windows 7 and a laptop with Windows 10), Once I've followed these steps and open the studio it shows up and then a pop up opens telling me I need the right driver.  A link is provided so I download the driver(it says it installs itself after downloading is complete).  Then nothing.  I open the program and get the same driver pop up again, both computers.    
    Not sure about Win7 as my last holdout got updated to 10 some time ago but both of the Windows 10 machines I've tried downloaded and installed the Katana driver automagically within a few minutes of plugging the amp into a USB port and switching it on without any prompting. IIRC correctly that (letting the computer find and install the driver itself) is what Boss recommends for Windows 10 on the download page.

Might be worth just making sure the internet connection is up, plugging everything in, switching the amp on, then going away for a cup of  tea and a biscuit and seeing what happens...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • dhaywood67dhaywood67 Frets: 111

Looking at the instructions it says to install the driver first. Try uninstalling both Tone Studio and the driver (or rolling your system back to before you started) and try installing the driver, connect the amp and let it get picked up by Windows and then finally Tone Studio.
    I seem to remember other drivers and software in the past for certain printers being picky about the order they're installed.
    If you haven't got air installed it won't pick up the amp. Firmware > Air >  Install in that order