Vintage vox amp footswitches

voxmanjohnvoxmanjohn Frets: 75
Im soon to be acquiring a 1964 vox ac30 but it does not have the original footswitch. I would like to get an egg footswitch for it but was the old vox amp footswitches wired in or was they on a jack? Every reissue egg footswitch I see for instance on north coast music looks like they are on a jack. Would it be an as easy task as cutting the jack off the end of cable reissue footswitch cable and wiring it in?....

Any help on this would be much appreciated.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    Yes. The originals are wired in, so you would just cut off the plug and solder the wires to the terminal strip. It's a good idea to fit a large washer (preferably fibre rather than metal if you can find one) over the cable and tie a knot in it on the amp side of the washer, so it can't be pulled through the slot in the shelf. The original spring clip isn't strong enough. (The same applies to the mains cable, although you don't need the washer.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom