The lowest profile pedalboard

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
Out of interest, what is the lowest profile pedalboard on the market? I find even the Pedaltrain Metro's to be a bit too tall for my liking. Bearing in mind they're about an inch high, and then your average pedal is an inch high too, that means your footswitches are over 2inches from the ground. Heel-toeing those can be difficult.

I suppose this is why people buy angled boards.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    the floor? that's about as low as you can get

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    A steel or rigid plastic sheet with handles screwed on either side would be as thin as you could go. I've seen a few home-made jobs like that.
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 874
    I've often thought you could make a fabulous looking pedalboard from carbon fibre. Strong, lightweight, can be formed to whatever shape you want (including very flat) and reassuringly expensive. 

If you google it you'll find that  people have explored the idea. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    I've just bought a Temple Audio Duo 24 and very impressed with it. So far I'd recommend if. Not as steep as the pedaltrains etc
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Means connecting everything up every single time tho. Ya wally.

I've just bought a Temple Audio Duo 24 and very impressed with it. So far I'd recommend if. Not as steep as the pedaltrains etc
    Not as 'steep' ??? Not sure I'm following. Talking about the height from the floor here not the angle.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Means connecting everything up every single time tho. Ya wally.

Not as 'steep' ??? Not sure I'm following. Talking about the height from the floor here not the angle.
    Oh I see. I personally I like a small rake on a board and the temple board seems just about perfect for me. Used to have a diago board but didn't really take to it 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • funkyfrazfunkyfraz Frets: 93
    If heights an issue then I'd probably be getting a bit of ply cut to the side of the case I plan to use, paint it black, put a couple of handle at each side and bobs yer  uncle!  
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    edited May 2017
    How big do you need? I've got a Diageo commuter board - it's less than an inch thick.

• vizviz Frets: 10643
    edited May 2017
    Wear heels :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.