SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

MJW head & cab for sale

What's Hot
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joe1953 said:
    Intriguing...
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader

It's this one:image

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    That's lovely. 

A price would help your cause. 
  • Thanks to MJW for the pic:) I'm new to this site. This rig is completely as-new and I'm looking at offers around £650 which is about half the cost. Collection only unless local.

• strat84strat84 Frets: 314
    Is it the 50 watt version?? Cheers
    tFB Trader
    Where abouts is local?
  • @monquixote as a mod, I'm sure you already know this, but if you click on the person's username, they often have their location in the profile  ;)

Or were you just being gentle to a new forum member?
    tFB Trader
    Indeed

I think it is advisable if you are asking for collection only to state in the advert where you are.
  • I think a description would also be useful. What are the cleans like?

What voicing is the amp?

Electra twang? Guessing F-type but clues are helpful. Some people love hand wired plexis, others love pcb Silverfaces.
    tFB Trader

Electra
    The MJW Electra is designed to fill the requirement for a simple, medium sized gigging amp based on the classic British and American sounds. The amp can be specified in 2 versions, 'Twang' and 'Grind'. Twang is based on the classic American sound of the 60's, and uses a pair of 6L6 output valves, with a preamp designed optimised for clean to light-crunch chime and sparkle. The Grind version by contrast uses a pair of EL34's for a muscular British sound.

Both variations have a simple single input, gain control, a full treble/middle/bass tone stack, master volume and presence, and both can be specified in either 30 Watts or 50 Watts power output. Other features are available, but plug-and-play simplicity is the overriding drive on this model.

• Thank you.

Only on TF could a poster specify the name of an item and have the ad written and pictures posted for him :)

I think I know what you mean by 60s American.

I expect this amp is a great sounding piece of kit. What is the weight of the head -ish?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • davedavedavedave Frets: 114
    I can vouch for the quality of Martin' s work. I've got a Bantam and it's incredible.
    Somebody buy this before I do. I can't afford any more shiny things.
  • Its the 30w version and there's a full description on the MJW Amplification website. This one has the power scaling option fitted which works very well. I don't know what the weight is but all valve amps are quite heavy, mainly due to the transformers. My location is Oldham.

• The amp is now sold, thanks for all comments & interest.