Reverb pedals and the JCM 800?

shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
Which ones have you found are well suited? 

The pedal I have is a Juansolo reverb which works very well with the MJW's that I had but seems to work less well with the JCM. Perhaps this is because I am using a more distorted tone than I was previously. 

Does anyone have any suggestions of pedals they know work well? 

I am not looking for big expansive "Strymon" types as my budget isn't up to that. I'm thinking £100 maybe a bit more. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1131
    hi Shaun, daft question but i assume the reverb is in the loop ?

I always used the FX8 reverbs with mine, but for a standalone pedal i think the new MXR Reverb is supposed to be ace

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    @Moltisanti hi mate, 

i did have the reverb in the loop previously but there is something I like about a delay and reverb into the front of the amp normally. 

As I am not used to using an amp that's as "rocky" as this one so it reacts a little different to my ears. 

Side note, have you used your 800 with a power break? Sounds huge!
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I use a HOF mini into the front of mine, sounds pretty good to my ears.
    rico said:
    I use a HOF mini into the front of mine, sounds pretty good to my ears.
    Thanks @rico I might try one out
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1131
    i've never used a power brake, it would be fun to crank up the master past 3 :)

i've never used a power brake, it would be fun to crank up the master past 3 :)
    Too true! I have found that the best results are with the master on 7 and the preamp on about 6. Sounds absolutely huge. 
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3019
    I use a hardwire rv-5 into my JCM800.  It's been reliable and sounds fine to me. I mainly use spring, hall and modulated modes but occasionally plate as well.  It's not particularly flashy but has been a solid tool that I don't really feel the need to upgrade.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    A lot of the Catalinbread pedals work well in the front of amps. I've got a Talisman which I use into the front of an Orange Rocker 30. There is a YouTube video of a Talisman into a dirty Marshall (just search Talisman cranked Marshall) which convinced me and I'm really happy with it.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Tech 21 RVB Boost has got 2 tone controls on it that might work well. I don't really play with much gain but it's quite a versatile reverb. £100 or less should easily get you a used one.