NAD - Rivera

ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
edited May 2017 in Amps
Acquired a Rivera Knuckle Head Tre Reverb this morning in a telecaster deal.

Would love to tell you all more, but I have it plugged in for exactly five minutes before domestic priorities took over. And now I have to travel for two weeks.

Some form of proper introduction to it due in a couple of weeks time. In the meantime it looks like this and is supposed to house the mother of all gain channels. Although I want it for the cleans...

http://i.imgur.com/Wpr92nx.jpg

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NeckwringerNeckwringer Frets: 357
    Piccy no worky.........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    Great amps. 
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2403
    edited May 2017
    Very nice NAD. As it happens I'm eyeing up a couple of Riveras myself...

EDIT: wait a minute...that's the one I was watching!
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4718
    edited May 2017
    That looks AWESOME!  Rivera are really great amps and if memory serves the Knucklehead has great cleans on Ch1 with tons f headroom and the gain channel 2 is real high gain & was (at least at one time) the highest gain amp they made. Yours looks like its the 55w 1x12 combo with a 6-spring reverb,   Really great build quality with top components.  Although they still make a head version, I don't think the Knucklehead combo's are made any more.  Not sure how much these weigh, but I bet its not light - around 65lbs perhaps?
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Tat2dsteshTat2dstesh Frets: 193
    The best High gain amp I have ever owned, I owned the head for ages while I was in heavy bands and it totally slayed any other high gain head it was put next too. The clean is also the best clean from a High gain head, in all honesty I would have kept it if it was not for the fact that I just dont play metal or hardcore type stuff these days and went back to my heavy rock, punk rock roots. Plus I also was able ot get a stoneham amp made for me which suited me more, but I do miss those massive high gain sounds. I have had prett much most high gain head beside a bognor or diezel, and this wins hands down.
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1808
    I've had quite a few Rivera's  - great amps, just don't get the love or credit they deserve in the UK - they are right up there with Boogie, Bogner etc - built like tanks.

Nearly picked up a Quiana the other day, part of me wished that I had...
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 679
    Nice purchase, i love Rivera. I have a chubster Combo and a Rake head and 2x12 which unfortunately has to go.
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1808
    @ftumch the Rake is one hell of an amp....

• KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1534

Would that be the blue Quiana that has been on eBay for a while? I used to own a 55-12, and had I not beren waiting on a custom build, I would have snapped it up in a jiffy. Cracking amps indeed.

Adam

• ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    ftumch said:
    Nice purchase, i love Rivera. I have a chubster Combo and a Rake head and 2x12 which unfortunately has to go.
    We should possibly talk about the Rake and 2x12...
    welshboyo said:
    @ftumch the Rake is one hell of an amp....

It is but its just sat in the cupboard, its overkill for my needs really.
    ellwood said:
    ftumch said:
    We should possibly talk about the Rake and 2x12...
    Ive had it up FS on here, no interest though. Pm me sometime if your serious.
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    I'm away for a couple of weeks but will be in touch when I get back @ftumch ;