Pink Floyd: Their Mortal Remains Exhibition

What's Hot
cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2545
Anybody been yet? I'm going tomorrow afternoon and would be interested in hearing other people's experiences. I'm very excited and being a big PF fan I imagine I won't be disappointed!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24798
    When you're there, you could do a Facebook check-in with the pithy caption 'Wish you were here'....
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    I've not been but would be interested to hear what you thought of it.
    I am (and anyone who knows me will understand how out of character this is) even considering a trip to that there London to see it. So let us know what you think please.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2545
    Will do. @richardhomer I'm nicking that :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I will be there tomorrow afternoon   =) 
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    When you're there, you could do a Facebook check-in with the pithy caption 'Wish you were here'....
    You're very witty Richard so you are. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Heard reviews on the radio, very well put together apparently with a lot of special stuff in the gift shop. 

Basically the same as the Bowie one but with different stuff apparently ( ie curated in the same way) if that helps. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    edited May 2017
    It was fantastic, much more than I expected. Very well organised. The headphone experience worked well with music changing as I moved between different areas. So much original gear to drool over, the videos on the walls were amazing to watch. The 'performance' at the end topped it off. Loved the early Syd stuff too. Well worth going guys. 

I could post some pictures (I took loads) but it might spoil it for those who want to go. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Agree @cruxiform  it was very good, a must for any fan. It was a bit overcrowded though.

Loved the gear and guitars. I suppose it's the closest I will ever get to seeing them live!

Yeah me too. I think I took a picture of every single thing :D
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884
    well worth a visit, great to see the gear, remix "money", and absorb the vibe
    Gift shop range is amazing, even if you don't go, send your other half to go buy your birthday/Christmas presents there

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884
    oh and DG had a Cali76 on his pedal board
    do you have one yet @Gassage ?
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24798
    Are there any of Gilmour's guitars on display?
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2339
    tFB Trader
    Are there any of Gilmour's guitars on display?
    Loads !

Worth every penny of the entry fee, I was a little bit worried that when you buy your tickets, you have a time slot. I thought it might be time limited in the exhibition, but it wasn't. You could take as long as you wanted as you went through. There were some great videos, lots of really good photographs and some absolutely brilliant interviews. 

If you got any young children were well taken them along with you, as there is really big paddling pin the centre of the V&A where you can get something to drink and eat outside. Looking at some of the people who were there with their families round the  paddling pool, I'm sure they were only there for the paddling pool, as they seem to have towels and a change of clothes for the children.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/