Graham Coxon / Stephen Street discuss Blur and nerd out about guitar stuff!

What's Hot
mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n8k0fB82nU

Hi guys, saw this excellent interview with Graham Coxon and Stephen Street yesterday.

I have to say this GrayGuitars 'Grayling' 335/Tele guitar looks really tasty!
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    Yes, love that Tele, I have never played a Tele with P90s, would love to try one.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Dunno, am I only one who thinks this feels like a thinly disguised PR stunt for Gray guitars and others. Cant say I watched all of this one but there was another vid Grays did with Coxon, and the Victory amp being used and talked about had clearly been loaned for the purpose of the vid, didn't get the impression that Graeme had ever seen before in his life but he was forced to wax lyrical about it. And that Grays guitar, whilst very nice, is just a bit too posh looking for Coxon, and again in the first vid, I don't think he had spent any time with it.

Basically it's an endorsement, which is fine I guess, but it's trying not to call itself an endorsement, which is a bit weird.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    edited May 2017
    dindude said:
    Dunno, am I only one who thinks this feels like a thinly disguised PR stunt for Gray guitars and others. Cant say I watched all of this one but there was another vid Grays did with Coxon, and the Victory amp being used and talked about had clearly been loaned for the purpose of the vid, didn't get the impression that Graeme had ever seen before in his life but he was forced to wax lyrical about it. And that Grays guitar, whilst very nice, is just a bit too posh looking for Coxon, and again in the first vid, I don't think he had spent any time with it.

Basically it's an endorsement, which is fine I guess, but it's trying not to call itself an endorsement, which is a bit weird.
    I can't see anyone forcing Graham Coxon to endorse a product he doesn't believe in. What would he do that? He can afford any guitar he wants, vintage or new, he's a millionaire several times over, even by the most conservative reports.

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    Only watched a few minutes of it but he doesn't seem terribly engaged in the interview. Not as wilfully awkward as Weller on Shaun Keavney the other morning but hardly forthcoming either...
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    dindude said:

I can't see anyone forcing Graham Coxon to endorse a product he doesn't believe in. What would he do that? He can afford any guitar he wants, vintage or new, he's a millionaire several times over, even by the most conservative reports.
    Yeah I don't get it either, but something about the first vid felt fishy and forced to me.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4528
    Excellent share. Loved that. Blur is definitely my favourite album of theirs.