Mono Vertigo semi/hollow body case

noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 798
anybody use one? Would be for jamming with mates rather than dragging round the pub circuit. Currently I still have the crap pressed cardboard Gibson effort which manages to be heavy, bulky, loose fitting AND fragile - gud werkz! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    I have two - a Vertigo for my bass, and an older non-Vertigo one I got second hand for my semi-acoustic guitar (and it also fits my classical).

Really excellent, the level of protection is better than any other gig bag I've seen and arguably better than an average cheap hard case, other than for resistance to bending/crushing - so don't put it in a van with heavy amps etc - but is probably better for impact resistance if the case gets dropped or falls over.

The only reservation that I have is that on the older model - which was very well-used when I got it - a couple of the pocket zips have got damaged, and the area over the machineheads has frayed, but probably because the last owner didn't cut the string ends properly. I've been using the Vertigo for about a year and it still looks pristine.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Utterly love my Mono bags, and my new Vertigo for bass is my favourite. A friend of mine is currently midway through a 3 year world tour with a well known artist, and is taking his custom shop 335 in a Vertigo everywhere he goes, mostly checking it into the hold! It's had a couple of tumbles, and is absolutely fine. That's all I needed to know before getting my own!
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2593
    edited May 2017
    I have a Vertigo and quite like it.  The only thing I'd say is that for the purposes I use it for - mainly travelling to rehearsals and gigs by foot or in my own car - I'd have probably been just as safe with the Mono sleeve and it would have been cheaper and lighter.  But I way prefer it to cheap gig-bags I've had and it's a lot easier to lug than a hard case.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7413
    I've had a Vertigo since they came out. Have had a LP and PRS (angled headstocks) in there and whilst I've always been fairly careful I've always felt safe. Certainly aren't going to get any dings going through doorways/into cars etc, and plnking it down on the ground butt-end first becomes a genuine bouncy pleasure. 
    Red ones are better.