Telecasters!

What's Hot

Comments

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    My only electric is a CS Tele and it's been my no.1/only electric guitar for years and I'm very happy with that relationship, as it plays and sounds awesome to these fingers and ears. (It uses/fits a right angled jack no problem btw).
    I have however been hankering for a Jazzmaster (or possibly Jaguar) for a few years too, as I miss a vibrato arm. I came close last year after trying a couple out. I'd ideally like one in a custom colour though eg Burgundy mist, LPB etc. Or, the alternative is a 2nd Telecaster.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    Babones said:
    My only electric is a CS Tele and it's been my no.1/only electric guitar for years and I'm very happy with that relationship, as it plays and sounds awesome to these fingers and ears. (It uses/fits a right angled jack no problem btw).
    I have however been hankering for a Jazzmaster (or possibly Jaguar) for a few years too, as I miss a vibrato arm. I came close last year after trying a couple out. I'd ideally like one in a custom colour though eg Burgundy mist, LPB etc. Or, the alternative is a 2nd Telecaster.
    All seems reasonable. I too miss the vibrato whilst tele-ing. How are you doing the angled jack??

and go for gold. My Aztec Jazzmaster is thing of true beauty! 
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    edited May 2017
    Babones said:
    All seems reasonable. I too miss the vibrato whilst tele-ing. How are you doing the angled jack??

Neutrik angled plug works fine in my tele too - vintage style jack cup. Perhaps yours has a nut governing how much of the jack socket is exposed in the cup? A slight adjustment could resolve.

For your vibrato point- you clearly need a Bigsby. :-)

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    I loved the Custom 72 I had for a while, the way you can blend the two pickups together,esp when one is WRHB. and the other a single coil is a lot of fun and supremely flexible tonally. I found the choices a bit bewildering in the end and went back to a simple two single coil setup but seeing yours definitely makes me hanker after another. I never really 'got' the electric guitar until I discovered the Telecaster.
    JezWynd said:
    I loved the Custom 72 I had for a while, the way you can blend the two pickups together,esp when one is WRHB. and the other a single coil is a lot of fun and supremely flexible tonally. I found the choices a bit bewildering in the end and went back to a simple two single coil setup but seeing yours definitely makes me hanker after another. I never really 'got' the electric guitar until I discovered the Telecaster.
    I picked this one up for £400. Granted I spent on the upgrades, but it's still an awful lot of guitar for that, especially as it was only one chip off immaculate. The burst is really nice too, and I'm always amazed at how little it weighs when I play it. 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Babones said:

You need a Tele Deluxe with Tremolo. Rare as a rare thing, it took me a while to find mine and I had to put up with having to buy a pooh-burst one but I don't regret it...

I'd put a piccie up but no pics to hand!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    Babones said:
    How are you doing the angled jack??

I'm using a Fender CS cable (they're tweed or black). The right angle jack fits with no issue.

impmann said:
    Babones said:

You need a Tele Deluxe with Tremolo. Rare as a rare thing, it took me a while to find mine and I had to put up with having to buy a pooh-burst one but I don't regret it...

I'd put a piccie up but no pics to hand!
    Yeah, I think I recall seeing it when you were looking. Ideally I wanted single coil in the bridge. 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited May 2017
    Yep, after a long while of not really caring for it much my 2015 AV52 Tele has become my favourite guitar. It sounds great through my Morgan PR12 and gets most play time over the R8 and CS Strat. I fitted some Glendale saddles which are much nicer than the stock ones and I love playing it now, with it 7.25" radius neck and skinny frets and all.
    I have a real hankering for the AV52 - always have. 
    Owning a Blackguard is an itch you just have to scratch. Ideally a Custom Shop aged 52 or Nocaster but the AV52 does it nicely, just needs some years of playing.

• rlwrlw Frets: 4695
    nick79 said:
    Impeccable timing..... I tried out a Baja Tele earlier today, wow, i was very impressed. Definitely going to have to get one i think. 
    I bought a Baja 60s Classic on Saturday and am in love - much to my surprise.  Brilliant piece of kit.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    edited May 2017
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    Shudder. The Antigua Custom is pretty great though. 
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7142
    I have a Nash Tele and a Kotzen Tele, both are pretty sweet!

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Damn it I'm going to have to buy one this week. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BarriveeBarrivee Frets: 100
    edited May 2017

This is is the Tele sound I love. What offerings from Mojo/Oil City etc are going to get you close to this?
  • SpiritOfTheAgeSpiritOfTheAge Frets: 133
    edited May 2017

photo DSC_3413_zps2opoojljjpg'>

American Standard with a Seymour Duncan Quarter pounder set of pick ups.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    /\ you like your wood blonde it seems...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>