Accessible baby/wife proof guitar storage

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    Sesh said:
    Explain to your wife it is important to you and hang on the wall. 

Seems a bit harsh?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Sesh said:
    Explain to your wife it is important to you and hang on the wall. 

Seems a bit harsh?
    Treat em mean keep em keen....
    or away?? Can't remember. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Have a guitar on a stand. Teach your child not to damage it. It can be done. 

True, I have a decent quality acoustic on a stand in the loft extension where my 12 month old spends a fair bit of time and he goes near it and touches it gently but knows not to do more. Meanwhile he'll beat the shit out of anything else he finds in his way.

Other than that, if you're not allowed them on display then there are few options really. Try and find a guitar that the wife actually likes the look of, it can be done. You'll probably have to sacrifice the superstrat for an Archtop but hey ho.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

I found getting divorced meant I got more guitars and I can now put them where you want them!

It was worth it, and not just because of the guitars!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Strat54 said:

NO! An electric fence will cause havoc with the hum in single coil pickups.

Have some compassion, Man!

:)

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    SNAKEBITE said:

I found getting divorced meant I got more guitars and I can now put them where you want them!

It was worth it, and not just because of the guitars!

Ok, put a couple in my spare room, would you..! There's a good chap!
     :) 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    It may depend on what guitar and how you hang it.

This seems to be acceptable...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    dindude said:

Other than that, if you're not allowed them on display then there are few options really. Try and find a guitar that the wife actually likes the look of, it can be done. You'll probably have to sacrifice the superstrat for an Archtop but hey ho.
    The weird thing is - she likes guitars, she owns a Les Paul - She doesn't agree with all of my guitar choices but she genuinely likes the look of my main two (Cort X-Ltd 16 and Faith Naked Venus)

I think the main issue with hanging at the moment is the lack of wall space.

Mind you... i wouldn't mind an Archtop... :) 
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 139
    Top of a bookcase? Behind the sofa? 

I always have my cheapy parlour (pub sesh guitar) propped up against the sofa. It wouldn't be the end of the world of it got smashed and it's dings and scratches add character. We have a 6 month old Labradoodle, no kids though. 
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1763
    ICBM said:
    It may depend on what guitar and how you hang it.

This seems to be acceptable...

That's because he's got such an incredibly dignified moustache. I bet whenever you go out she sticks googly eyes and smile on it:

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    lol

I'd never really noticed that before, but it really is Stephen Fry's General Melchett moustache, isn't it...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• uncledickuncledick Frets: 403
    Have a guitar on a stand. Teach your child not to damage it. It can be done. 

This.

Two kids brought up with guitars, amps and nice stereo gear all available.