Guitarguitar being ambitious...Bond content

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017
    edited May 2017
    FYI, I have a pair of these, in original cases, blahblahblah. One was £100, the other was £200. 

i agree with @ICBM - £500 would be the upper limit*.

*EDIT: And for £500 notes, I'd want Mick Jones to come round and play E=Mc2 in my front room on it.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14036
    tFB Trader
    £2K?!?! FFS! 

Pricks.
    I might have asked this before, but I assume you have a Bond
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9448
    edited May 2017
    That GG one is, ahem, licenced to bill...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3426
    Saw one in Denmark Street for £250 odd recently iirc
    £2K?!?! FFS! 

Pricks.
    I might have asked this before, but I assume you have a Bond
    Indeed (as per my above post) - I've got 2.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• NomadNomad Frets: 549
    Had a shot of one back in the day. Could barely feel the frets going up the neck, but they felt very exaggerated going down. I knew within seconds that I didn't like it.

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7076
    Ravenous said:

By the way though I said the frets were interesting, not sure I'd actually want them on a steel-strung instrument... wear, replacement, etc.

(edit: there are a few odd south-east Asian instruments using angled cuts on the fingerboard... can't remember which ones they are right now though.  Some Pipas have these cuts, though a different shape and a lot steeper than I'm thinking of.)

Indeed, I hear the Indonesian Boomerang Harp is making a comeback
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    FYI, I have a pair of these, in original cases, blahblahblah. One was £100, the other was £200. 

i agree with @ICBM - £500 would be the upper limit*.

*EDIT: And for £500 notes, I'd want Mick Jones to come round and play E=Mc2 in my front room on it.
    :)

The one I mentioned - you might remember I posted it here on behalf of the owner - was about as good as you'll see, original case and power supply, Bond cable, no cracks in the neck joint, extremely minimal pitchboard wear, and the only flaw really was some damage to one corner of the case.

He had it advertised for a grand for several years, eventually dropped it to £750 and still couldn't shift it. I'm pretty sure he took £500 for it in the end.

The plain truth is that they're just not very good! Nor even that rare. Aside from Mick Jones or Edge fans, I really can't see a market for them - and even then…..

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• WezVWezV Frets: 16547

I am interested in them as an unusual concept, and a UK made guitar.   I would like to own one for curiosity value.  That's about it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    WezV said:
    I am interested in them as an unusual concept, and a UK made guitar.   I would like to own one for curiosity value.  That's about it.

So for your eyes only, essentially?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I played one once, and it stands out in my mind as one of the shittest guitars I have ever played.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14036
    tFB Trader
    I spoke to a friend in the trade and he can't recall any fetching much more than £500/600 - so fits in with various comments above
    I spoke to a friend in the trade and he can't recall any fetching much more than £500/600 - so fits in with various comments above

Indeed - and for that sum of money, it would need to be pristine, with a spotless, wear-free "fret" board (if you can call it that?), all original accessories/cables and 100% operational...Oh, and I'd still want E=Mc2 played by Mick Jones in my front room!

• RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    tony99 said:
    Indeed, I hear the Indonesian Boomerang Harp is making a comeback
    http://www.musicinventions.org/shepherd0203/hockeystickharpLm.jpg
  • GuitarZeroGuitarZero Frets: 254
    edited May 2017
    Guitar Guitar is a Scottish company so it's likely they've attached an emotional value to the price of this one.  Just read the spiel they've put under the guitar.  Clearly they are proud that these things were made in Scotland and are hoping a fellow Scot picks it up at an over inflated price.