Reverend Guitars

What's Hot
lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
What's the general consensus on Reverend Guitars? Seem very good for the money.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    They're very good for the money.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7820
    They are good, my favourite being the PA-1. 

Reverends can vary vary a lot in weight, and feel.  For best results, play lots - then buy the one that lights your fire. 
    I played all of the Reverends on display at Andertons, only one felt special. 
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 682
    I used to have a Warhawk, and bitterly regret selling it.
  • ewalewal Frets: 2580
    My 2 main guitars are Revs - a Manta Ray and a Club King RT. They are really, really good. However, the poor exchange rate has hit them hard value wise. Both of mine were under £400 when I got them - I'd have more if it hadn't been for the price hike.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 682
    ewal said:
    My 2 main guitars are Revs - a Manta Ray and a Club King RT. They are really, really good. However, the poor exchange rate has hit them hard value wise. Both of mine were under £400 when I got them - I'd have more if it hadn't been for the price hike.
    When I got my Warhawk, it seemed no one had heard of them so got it for an absolute steal of £150. sold it for well over twice that
  • ewalewal Frets: 2580
    I got my Manta Ray from Rose Lane Music back when they took over the dealership from Dolphin - was about £300 new! I would never sell it now and have since re-finished it and added a Les Trem. The Club King was off ebay second hand for about £350 - as new condition. Great guitars.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    I have an RG2 that now has a sustainiac fitted. I like it as a stunt guitar. They do lack a certain character, but they are very well built and finished. Mine has jumbo frets and is very easy to play. I did however return a Spacehawk due to some finish issues.

They are getting expensive - that was happening pre-Brexit and I think the addition of certain bigger dealers has exacerbated that. I noticed that Vintage and Modern in Thame seem to have dropped them, after carrying them since the beginning. Thats a shame.

I fancied the new Wattplower bass but at over a grand it's no longer a 'cheap' guitar, in fact it's well into USA pricing. On top of that the resale is still awful.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1619
    Got a Jetstream 360 and a Double Agent and love them both. The bass contour control makes them hugely versatile

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2876
    The clubking rt I had was ace. 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12885
    Interesting you guys like them so much. 

I was really interested in them a while back (10 years, maybe) and seem to recall the consensus was that they looked cool but felt and sounded fairly uninspiring. 

I really need to try some but there being bugger all stockists makes that hard. 
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Worth seeking out an earlier USA model too, so I hear.

Always wanted to try one.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."