SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

*SORTED*wtb Fender Tweed Deluxe 5e3 or replica (Victoria/Clark/Flynn/Rift etc...)*SORTED*

What's Hot
mandostevemandosteve Frets: 33
edited June 2017 in Amps £
Hello folks,

I'm looking to buy as authentic as possible 5e3 replica (so not really Lazy J - although I know they are excellent!). I would love to own the real thing (subject to being able to afford it) but I suspect a clone is more realistic!

Anybody got something they're open to selling?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3199
    edited May 2017
    Contact this feller: 
    http://www.abbottsmusic.co.uk/
    He point to point hand wires them and sets them in some fantastic cabs. I have one of his 18watters and recently got to use a 5e3 of his and I now want one of those too, lovely amp!
    My only comment would be, contact him direct and ask for a price -Eli often comes in much cheaper than the prices listed on his website and he may even have one ready to go that he can do a deal on.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7839
    I had an Abbott, it needed a full rewire.  It's was well built, but the wiring wasn't right, noisy as hell.  Was honestly a bit of a pig. 

I now have a Vyse 5E3.  Sound epic, quiet as a church mouse, yet powerful.  It has the best chime I've heard in any 5E3.  It's an angry beauty. 

A friend has had another Vyse 5E3, his is setup a bit dirtier, and has a snarl and a growl to it that's very intoxicating. 

Come try mine, I'm in High Wycombe.  I also had a Fender Custom Shop 57 Deluxe (5E3), was nice, but the Vyse is way better.  Much more alive, detailed, organic, and in your face. 
    Wow that's really interesting @TheMarlin. The only problems I've had with my abbot have been valve related and a quick fix. Can you elaborate on what changes you had made to improve it, might be something I need to keep an eye on?
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7839
    It was as noisy as hell. As beautiful as the wiring was, the back end (bits you couldn't see) wasn't good, a real mess that bore little relation to the classic 5E3 schematic.   The whole thing needed to be pulled apart and rebuilt properly. 

The speaker, cab, and chassis were all good.  All else was junked.  Barry Vyse built me a killer 5E3, it's a million miles away from the Abbott it started out as. 

Come try it, and make your own mind up. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I may well take you up on that at some point @TheMarlin , certainly a 5e3 is on the next amp list! :)
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    My mate has a Flynn 5E3, and side by side with my Gartone 5E3, mine is louder, punchier and more dynamic. Of all the 5E3's I have owned and tried, the Gartone is the best so far.

Rob.
  • fenderman1fenderman1 Frets: 24
    Having had all the above, I can say the Gartone is an brilliant amp however I have never seen one go for under £1000 and the Flynn's do come up for under that price, I did prefer the Flynn to the Victoria. In a decent build 5e3 tubes and speakers can make all the difference.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3831
    What's the consensus on Gartone vs Lazy J? Or is that comparing apples with oranges?
  • fenderman1fenderman1 Frets: 24
    The Lazy j is more punchier and aggressive sounding I would say, but put a celestion blue in any of the above and you will be in the same ballpark.
    i gigged my Lazy J for 2 years solid and never struggled for volume with the band.
  • MarshallMarshall Frets: 362

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

• vertigo88vertigo88 Frets: 12
    There was a flight cased Flynn Amps Tweed Deluxe on the Central Scotland Gear trade Facebook page the other day for £750. Looked a beauty, got me thinking about selling some stuff to buy it. Maybe worth a look. Cheers
  • mandostevemandosteve Frets: 33
    @vertigo88 that sounds like something worth looking into! Can you PM me a link (or the exact group name?). Couldn't find it when I had a quick Facebook browse 
    Thanks the rest of you guys for the input!
  • vertigo88vertigo88 Frets: 12
    The group is Music Gear Buy/Sell in Glasgow/Edinburgh (Central Scotland). Unfortunately it looks like the amp has sold.
    Ah okay no worries - thanks dude!
  • jacksparrowjacksparrow Frets: 673
    There is a Vicky 2012 on guitarmart, no affiliation. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • longshinslongshins Frets: 246
    I've got two Abbott 5e3s plus access to a fully loaded Lazy J. There's not much difference, more than welcome to come try them.