SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Cheap, relatively decent tele pickups

5redlights5redlights Frets: 317
Hi 

I'm looking for some cheap but as decent as possible tele pickups. Alnico rather than ceramic. Budget - as low as possible, but less than £30 really as I was originally just going to get some Artec ones, but thought I'd check here first for any offerings. 

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    I've got a set of alnico rodded generic Tele pups from my supplier - £30 and they're yours.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1435
    They might not be quite in budget, but the Tonerider Hot Classics are the ones installed on Squier Classic Vibe 50's Tele's and they're bloody amazing.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14410
    In your position, I would concentrate the proposed budget for two "decent as possible" pickups on one, pre-owned, serious quality, bridge/Treble position pickup. There is plenty of sonic variety to be extracted from one pickup and intelligent use of the controls.

If you had not ruled out ceramic magnets, I might have offered my G&L USA ASAT Classic pickup pair.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • MototechMototech Frets: 102
    Best budget pickups I have used are Vanson, I've had humbuckers & Strat sets, but not Tele. If the quality of the ones I've had are anything to go by, the Tele sets will sound great also.
    tFB Trader
    Vanson pups are just rebranded mass produced Asian stuff. Probably made by the same people mine are.
  • MototechMototech Frets: 102
    Indeed they are, but it doesn't stop them sounding good. I've no experience of your cheap pickups @Alegree, only your hand wounds, which are extremely good.
    tFB Trader
    Mototech said:
    Indeed they are, but it doesn't stop them sounding good. I've no experience of your cheap pickups @Alegree, only your hand wounds, which are extremely good.
    Correct - Asian stuff is really getting up to snuff now. I'm sure the big machine winder boys are feeling the pinch for it.

Thank you, two new models are just about to be officially launched :)
  • 5redlights5redlights Frets: 317
    Thanks for offer @Alegree. I think I will go with yours. Do you mind if I just keep this open for a few days to see what other people offer, then message you? 
    tFB Trader
    @5redlights ;Go ahead.
    I'll probably have them up on my website by then.