Oh no waiting for exam results is annoying

What's Hot
MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940

Unless you already got enough. 

Computer Forensics, Network Security and Operating Systems exam done... Needing 47 47 and 48 for a first for the second year. 

Got 80, 95 and while the last isn't back I'd need to get negative results to score under 75... 

If anyone wants me I'll be drunk over there *points at awesome place*

Whoop. 
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I actually don't know how I've done or how much I need to get - I should really check, but I almost don't want to. Not all my results are out yet. I do know I got a first for my dissertation though.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Bucket said:
    I actually don't know how I've done or how much I need to get - I should really check, but I almost don't want to. Not all my results are out yet. I do know I got a first for my dissertation though.
    I make a spreadsheet with the module's contribution, the weighting of exams to coursework for the module and then fill it in as I get results... 

Can really take the pressure off to see the years percentage rising steadily. 

With 7 modules this year it was needed to have any idea how I was doing
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    But if you got a first on your dissertation, you must be in a pretty good position 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26922
    Well done Myanmar, and Bucket, you're basically already a wizard genius, so don't sweat too much :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    I was formally Burma? 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4627
    Get your CV at RSA!
  • Woohoo! Congrats :D I wasn't in such great shape for my final year, but it's so relieving when it's all over. 

Enjoy the bubbles! 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Congrats to you both. I got a 3rd for my degree but I was a lazy bugger. Been in a great job for 27 years though so I landed on my feet. Talking of annoying waits, my pal at work has just taken his legal exams (unrelated to work, he's just interested in legal stuff!). Finished 2 weeks ago, results out in September!
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9687
    If you've done the work you'll be fine, only if you haven't will you worry
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    I just finished my exams, won't get my results for ages. Last time it took almost 2 months, I don't want to wait until August!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26922
    Myranda said:
    I was formally Burma? 
    Stupid autocorrect. I want even druny!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11289
    I go back to the days when you got your professional exam results first in The Times, around 9pm on a Friday night there would be crowds at Kings Cross station waiting for the first editions to come out.
    At least you knew when you'd get your results... I'm not keen on the wishy washy results come when they come attitudes. 

Still, I have it easier than others - thanks to a lecturer being sick all year a module was taught as a single week of lectures with an exam a week later and a coursework due two weeks after the lectures finish... And thanks to alone big changes in the IT structure half their stuff didn't work... During their own experience week... 
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    I hated wait for my results.  At least the good news was that i did not have HIV.  Thank you comical ex-girlfriend!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I hated wait for my results.  At least the good news was that i did not have HIV.  Thank you comical ex-girlfriend!
    Wow... did you DO anything to warrant that sort of farewell ...

??

Or was she a colossal twat?

• Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    Well @Myranda , I like to reflect on it as her being a comedy genius.  Also I received the PM about 3 months since I last saw her, at about quarter to three on a sunday morning.
    Well @Myranda , I like to reflect on it as her being a comedy genius.  Also I received the PM about 3 months since I last saw her, at about quarter to three on a sunday morning.
    I'm not sure that making someone think they have an incurable disease is a good joke, so comedy genius might be a stretch
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Just so you know, I'm on the other side of it.

I'm spending my bank holiday weekend and half term marking every day

We are trying! ha
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    Worst thing I remember about waiting for my exam results at school was having dreams about them.  Dreaming you'd failed was OK because when you woke up... it was just a dream!  The other side of that was dreaming you'd passed the lot- d'oh! :)
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11289
    Worst thing I remember about waiting for my exam results at school was having dreams about them.  Dreaming you'd failed was OK because when you woke up... it was just a dream!  The other side of that was dreaming you'd passed the lot- d'oh! :)
    I last sat an exam in 1989 and still have the occasional exam dream/nightmare.