Police thugs in action

What's Hot

Comments

• Let's see if these are the youths responsible for attacking and hospitalising an 18 year old woman.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Poorly trained, temperamentally unsuitable people doing jobs in uniform is absolutely nothing new...nor is kids pushing boundaries. 

Must be a slow news day.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Let's see if these are the youths responsible for attacking and hospitalising an 18 year old woman.
    If they were, they would have been arrested before. Not told to disperse. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Let's see if these are the youths responsible for attacking and hospitalising an 18 year old woman.
    If they were, they would have been arrested before. Not told to disperse. 
    ahh yes, good deduction Holmes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    You can see in the video that they had already made one arrest, no context was given and one police officer cannot disperse a crowd of people on his own - he needed backup to try and weigh the mood in the police's favour.

He shouldn't have escalated but you don't have context still. I'll not excuse the behaviour but I won't say it was unequivocally wrong as I don't know the full story. 

'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    It seems to me that the police behaved about right; the kids pushed their luck, were told to disperse, started swearing at the police, the police pushed (but never hit) them, some kids hit and kicked police, the police restrained the ringleaders.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16079
    Totally agree with @Fretwired ,Legion and Emp……….what kind of "policeman" charges at a 14 year old shouting Motherfucker……….that's actually an extremely offensive word.Appalling example to set to kids and a vile excuse for a mature man.
    That is not Policing ……as stated by Legion that was bullying by licence of the Uniform and actually an offence to Democracy.I think this is another aspect of Society that is slowly being poisoned by seepage from across the Atlantic where the Police are essentially a paramilitary trigger-happy redneck Brotherhood.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    For the record - I think police are on the whole very professional  and disagree wholeheartedly with Dominic 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7763
    edited May 2017
    I see one kid in cuffs on the left and one of the others are accusing a cop of "grabbing him by the throat". The kids are mouthing off but no one has become physical until the twat comes from the back and starts shoving one of them away and mouthing off. Totally his fault and the situation would not have escalated further until he came in IMO. Grey haired cop dude seemed to have it under control until then.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2017
    I know some very very good policemen. The best ones are capable of engaging, de escalating and talking to difficult kids in a way that resolves situations, leaving trust intact. The very last thing we want is kids who don't trust police. This kind of behavior will leave those kids with a really anti police outlook. What if one of them needs police intervention, because they've been raped / beaten up our witnessed a serious crime later on? That force has just lost a lot of potential allies in the future and possibly left some of them in more danger of taking the wrong decisions down the line. Policing isn't just about law and order. 

"Protect and Serve" 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    Needs more pepper spray & water cannon !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6143

Drew_TNBD said:
    Absolute wankers.
    That's people under forty for you. No respect for anything or anybody. Not even the so-called democracy that protects them from more robust policing à la Putin, Pinochet et al.

In some countries, law enforcement officers would not have wasted any time arguing the toss. Quick trip to the forest in the back of a van. Problem solved. 
    By pure coincidence, I watched the movie "No" last night. It's about the 1988 referendum that ended the dictatorship of Pinochet. Startling fact: some 40+% of Chileans voted to try to keep him in power.

A reminder that state thuggery can call on a surprising amount of support.

As in this thread. :(

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6898
    edited May 2017
    Here's my take on it bearing in mind we haven't seen the build up.

Copper one is surrounded by mouthy youths pointing their fingers in his face and shouting at him.

He's obviously called for back up as you hear the blues before copper two runs onto the scene.

That suggests something else has happened prior to the filming.

If I was gesturing at the police and shouting at them I would expect to be arrested if I didn't back off on request.

The youth of today need to learn they can't get away with acting like dicks, whether the force used was justified in this case I cannot say.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom

• It does grate on me slightly when so many people think they know how to do the job of the Police better than the Police themselves.

It's hard to understand the situation from the footage given, but those kids seemed like a difficult group to deal with. They appeared very aggressive and confrontational.
    On one hand I feel like the kids needed a heavy handed lesson like the one in the video; on the other I feel like the police might've been better to just walk away.

• snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    Does anyone else read the thread title and think of Bone Thugs N Harmony?
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Does anyone else read the thread title and think of Bone Thugs N Harmony?
    no
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    Does anyone else read the thread title and think of Bone Thugs N Harmony?
    no
    OK.

I'll get back in my corner.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

It's hard to understand the situation from the footage given, but those kids seemed like a difficult group to deal with. They appeared very aggressive and confrontational.
    On one hand I feel like the kids needed a heavy handed lesson like the one in the video; on the other I feel like the police might've been better to just walk away.

The police I deal with regularly at work, would have sat down with them and had a chat, possibly over ice cream, and talked to them like young adults. It would have worked too. 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24260

It does grate on me slightly when so many people think they know how to do the job of the Police better than the Police themselves.

What ? So the act of putting on a police uniform suddenly makes you so much of an expert in policing that nobody else could possibly criticise you for your actions ? !! 

It matters not one jot whether the kids were 'difficult' or 'confrontational'.  It is the job of the police to try to defuse the situation - whoever the subjects are and whatever mood they appear to be in.  It most certainly is not the job of the police to 'teach anyone a lesson'.  They are there to keep the peace and enforce the law - and to do so with an absolute minimum of force.

The morons in the video should have walked away.  They had their arrestee.  But that wasn't enough for them - their little egos had been hurt by children calling them names.  Being as mature as the kids themselves, they had to reestablish their authority - they needed to see the kids accept that they were the bigger boys in the playground.  They needed a little victory for their egos far more than they wanted to keep the peace or enforce the law.

Short-tempered thin-skinned fragile-ego'd people do not make good police officers any more than a stoner with jam-jar glasses makes a good air traffic controller.

When I was a biker in a 'gang' (no, not like that !), we were persecuted by the police constantly, night after night we'd get stopped, bikes checked, the coppers getting their little ego rub by flexing their authoritah etc.  We thought they were all pricks, with the exception of one older guy who took the time to chat to us, have a laugh etc.  We respected him and if he asked us to do something, we did it.  He even organised a talk with slides on the dangers of riding without helmets / badly maintained bikes etc in the community centre.  It was packed.  Bikers everywhere.  Because we respected him for making the effort to respect us as people.

The wankers in that clip aren't fit to clean his shoes.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Meat head copper no2 came in and made it escalate. The cops handled it really  poor, if they can't diffuse a situation like that with a group of teenagers then they've lost my respect, especially after rugby tacking a teenage girl. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom