Mixing 60's-style tele neck pickup with 50's style bridge

noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 797
Anyone got this sort of combination?

(I suppose Baja CP50's owners by default with the Broadcaster/Twisted combination...)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    "Fifties style" covers a multitude of production variations.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72298
    That's my favourite combination - cleaner/clearer neck with hotter/middier bridge.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 797
    ICBM said:
    That's my favourite combination - cleaner/clearer neck with hotter/middier bridge.
    Would you say the brighter neck adds a bit more jangle to the in-between?

I've still got a Duncan vintage mini HB which is fairly clean and bright, and which I keep threatening to get a scratchplate made up for. I suppose I could just screw it straight down into the body to try it out...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72298
    noisepolluter said:

Would you say the brighter neck adds a bit more jangle to the in-between? 
    It makes it snappier and funkier rather than jangly, I would say - although we may be using different words for the same sounds. ('Jangle' to me means more middy-bright rather than clear-bright, like a Rickenbacker.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein