Playing over Tom Quayle's 'Hopes in the Sun' backing track

What's Hot
Hi guys, been recording some improv takes over this great fusion backing track by Tom Quayle.
Check it out, hope you like it :-)  Keep up the great playing everyone, love watching.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    Great playing as usual.
    It's not a competition.
  • Thanks man :-) glad you liked it
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9446
    Tom seems a nice guy but his playing bores the very soul out of me....

Each to his own I guess :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Haha well that's fair enough! Who are you into? I'm taking requests for my next video :D 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9446
    Haha well that's fair enough! Who are you into? I'm taking requests for my next video :D 
    chas n dave 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    Great playing. But if I could offer one suggestion to this style in general, it would be to let the music breath more.. too many notes for my taste. The best playing is from 1:28 to 1:40 imo. 

But otherwise a very well executed jam.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BradBrad Frets: 658
    edited May 2017
    Very nice playing, very Quayle-esque. I'd perhaps look at how and where you're phrasing, it sounds like there is a tendency to land on beat one most of the time. Maybe look at phrasing over the bar line a bit more often, it might help tie the changes together a bit more in some places.

Some gnarly changes on that tune though, well done!
  • Cheers guys, always appreciate the constructive feedback :-)
  • craggle_rockcraggle_rock Frets: 9
    edited June 2017
    Brad said:
    Very nice playing, very Quayle-esque. I'd perhaps look at how and where you're phrasing, it sounds like there is a tendency to land on beat one most of the time. Maybe look at phrasing over the bar line a bit more often, it might help tie the changes together a bit more in some places.

I never noticed but watching back I do have a bias for the one beat! Well spotted ha
  • BradBrad Frets: 658
    edited June 2017
    Brad said:

I never noticed but watching back I do have a bias for the one beat! Well spotted ha
    I had (or still have, depending on how hard the tune is) the same problem too smile I never noticed it but when it was pointed out to me it became glaringly obvious and couldn't unhear it haha
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom