flight case for telecaster . . .

What's Hot
notanonnotanon Frets: 607
. . . I guess I need one for (yes you guessed it) a flight to Europe. Heard in USA that you can demand guitar to be held in cabin not sure that works in Europe?? So what's the best way for a return journey, borrow/hire/buy a flight case or pay extra for cabin? Only going to Poland so flight not expensive.

Feel free to offer a hire, quite happy to pay. I'm in South Wales and will probably be flying from Bristol. Guitar is Fender Baja. I doubt I'll need it after this journey do don't want to put even more boxes in the attic.

Thanks Folks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
    For a one off trip, pick up a molded plastic fender hardcase or a hiscox, it'll be fine and much cheaper than a flightcase. Our bass player has done hundreds of fly gigs now with that combination. The fender case looks worse for wear but is still functional, the hiscox is still holding up really well. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26953
    I've flown plenty with Teles in Hiscoxes - it's about the safest combination of guitar + case you could imagine :)

You can always ask to have the guitar in the cabin but there's no guarantee unless you've bought it a separate ticket for it. Otherwise I just get it wrapped in cellophane at the terminal so noone can get into it quickly. In that situation loss is more likely than damage.

If you buy a used Hiscox for 50 quid you'll be able to recoup what you paid once you're done with it.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom