Electro nylon recommendations

What's Hot
FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
edited February 2014 in Acoustics
Can anyone recommend a cost-effective electro-nylon guitar around the £600 mark.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yamaha are well regarded (can't remember the actual model names/number). I played one a few years ago and it was very nice.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6099

The Yamaha NTX700 or above are nice guitars. I've had a Yamaha electro-classical for 20 years and it's been a reliable workhouse. Keep it in my office at work so I still play it every day.

One up on ebay at the mo.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • I've owned a Takamine CP132s for about 20 years, played over 100 gigs a year for almost 10 years and still love it.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• Coda have some nice yummiest in nb not classical width fretboard
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    tonyrath said:
    Coda have some nice yummiest in nb not classical width fretboard
    It's not for me.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • I have a Yamaha NCX900R, and very nice it is too.

It has the Classical width fretboard, which takes a bit of getting used to, but I didn't want to chicken out and get one that was more modern in case it didn't feel like a "proper" classical to me...whatever that meant!

After years of playing mostly traditionally-spec'ed electrics (Tele, LP) , a guitar with a flat fingerboard seems a bit odd - it even looks concave to the eye, but as I say you get used to it.

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    I also got the NCX 900...mines the maple back n sides tho. Still great guitar acoustically and plugged in. At first I got the NTX700...and its easier to play with a narrower more normal nut width. But acoustically it sounded poor to my ears...so I took it back the next day and added a bit more cash and got the much nicer sounding NCX900...the deeper body makes all the difference. Shame they didn't do the NTX with a deeper body as that was the guitars undoing for me...as I'd want it primarily for unplugged playing ie acoustic..and only occasionally plugged in for recording or gigging. The extra width of the fuller classical neck makes thumb over the top chords like D/F# more difficult but you soon get used to it...tone comes first doesn't it! I did pick up the NCX700 and the NCX1200 (I think) which was well over a grand and out of my price range but the step up in tone from the 700 to the 900 was significant and less so from the 900 to the 1200 (not sure if it was actually the 2000...but it was one of the top 2 in the NCX range). So yeah another thumbs up for Yamaha!! Good souding guitars and good value.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6386
    Yamaha Silent.  If anything like the steel strung one it'll be a belter.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    Jalapeno said:
    Yamaha Silent.  If anything like the steel strung one it'll be a belter.
    I like the ones I've tried and I believe you can get them in different neck widths too (wider, more traditional or modern and narrow). Great plugged in sound too but for obvious reasons, lacking in the acoustic/unplugged sound. Serves as a travel guitar too with headphone + reverb option and the fact you can remove the metal body strips.