Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Now Sorted (WTB Smaller bodied Acoustic OM-00 type size)

What's Hot
SammySammy Frets: 129
edited January 2018 in Acoustics £
I already have a Stonebridge G23 CR and am now looking for a slightly smaller size i.e. OM/00 type guitar that has a really good sound, nice neck and easy to play, not a stiff sort of action as I am more used to playing electric and use 11- 52 on acoustic!   
Within reason, obviously prefer excellent condition, but that is immaterial, as long as I get something that sounds and feels good to play, would prefer spruce top but would consider cedar, if right guitar. Plus not keen on really bright sounding guitars and prefer a more mellow sweeter sound.
Also not really interested in those electric thin type necks, like some of the Taylors or the opposite, real chunky necks like some of the older Yamahas, just a normal standard comfortable feeling one, 45mm nut.
Can now pay up to max £1,500 for the right guitar. ( Would consider increasing max for right guitar) 
Let me know what you have, I am close to Beckenham/Bromley/Croydon area
Thanks

(Sold PS Would prefer a p/ex with my Tone King Imperial Mk 1 , see amps for sale Sold)

NB Having reconsidered will now offer my, one of the top of the range, Stonebridge G23 CR 2011 in truly excellent condition, plays and sounds superb, as a p/ex for the right smaller guitar. Two well known retailers have offered me between £900 to £1000 as a p/ex for the guitars I was interested in. Therefore in all, if my Stonebridge is included in a p/ex at £1,000,(which is a very fair price) my absoloute max would be £3,000 for the right guitar, but hopefully less!!!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SammySammy Frets: 129
    Still looking someone must have something of interest!  :#
  • Any chance you'd be interested in an Emerald X7 Opus?
    Not really thanks I like proper acoustics! :)
    Still haven't found anything yet!  :/
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Small ...mellow, not too bright... Are you not describing a Taylor GS mini? You can get a new one of those for well under a grand and spend the rest on beer :) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    No that small and all the Taylors I have previously tried are quite bright with electric type necks! :s
    Consider upping max for right guitar! :)  
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    PM me if a Martin 000-18 is of interest!
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    Trude said:
    PM me if a Martin 000-18 is of interest!

Sorry too large size for me!
  • Martin OMCPA4 of interest?

I believe from looking at the various reviews on You Tube its pretty much similar size to an 000!
    Plus wasn't really looking for an electro acoustic with the electrics already built in, as whilst it sounded very good just played acoustically when plugged in direct, it sounded very nasal and bright, nothing like the straight acoustic sound and that was from the actual Martin review site! Sorry :#  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks for the various offers, but still looking and need a nut width of minimum 44mm!
    Thanks for the various offers on here, plus I tried many various different OM guitars in shops etc but decided in the end to buy a new Eastman E20OM, which I had tried several times before, as nothing else compared to in the same sort of price bracket. They are absolutely fantastic guitars for the money! =)
  • LozboyLozboy Frets: 80
    Good choice I have an Eastman E10 Parlour that I am very fond of.Enjoy
    Unfortunately I had to return Eastman due to certain aspects, so still looking for right guitar!
  • KDSKDS Frets: 221
    I have takemine Santa Fe for sale
    Thanks but looking for smaller bodied guitar
  • Martin om21. Bought new by. Me a couple of months ago. What's your max budget
    edited September 2017
    Thanks but not really keen on Martins, apart from early ones. Have tried various models but never liked any, plus action always seems too stiff!
  • i have a sigma 000-15 mahogany for sale well well under budget