Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Now Sorted (WTB Smaller bodied Acoustic OM-00 type size)

What's Hot

Comments

• SammySammy Frets: 129
    Thanks but looking for something more high end 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Inuabe a 15 year old 0015? You can have for 900?
    Guitar I was going to buy, a few issues with it, so still looking for right guitar. Have now increased max to £1,500 but may go a bit higher for right guitar and will now be all cash, as Toneking was sold a while ago, to a happy member on here! :)
  • I have a Euphonon Grand Concert that I'm considering selling and it's in your frame size and price wise:
    http://www.arkneweraguitars.com/61.html

These are faithful replicas of Larson brothers guitars from the 1920's. Mine is a "chocolate top" similar to the one on Tony's website. I can send you some pics if you're interested
    Mark
  • Pity you don’t like Martin. My 00015 mahogany with lr baggs lyric is lovely though going unused as I’m in an electric phase.
    I have a Euphonon Grand Concert that I'm considering selling and it's in your frame size and price wise:
    http://www.arkneweraguitars.com/61.html

These are faithful replicas of Larson brothers guitars from the 1920's. Mine is a "chocolate top" similar to the one on Tony's website. I can send you some pics if you're interested
    Mark
    Hi Mark PM me please and send some pics over and price Thanks
    Still looking as unfortunately latest offer was too far to view and try out! :/
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I have a Tanglewood Heritage TW 70 H SRE. OM size and 44mm nut.

Solid Englemann spruce top, solid rosewood back and sides and ebony board.

Excellent condition, hardly been played.
    Hi thanks for the offer but have had a couple of Tanglewoods in the past and never really been keen on them, plus really looking for a higher end guitar.
  • HerbHerb Frets: 1
    Hi got a handbuilt Northworthy highly reviewed in Guitarist magazine a few years ago. Body size about that of a classical.
    Hi Herb, Checked their website but not sure which model you have? Not too much about Northworthy guitars on the web, except that their main dealer advised a while ago that he isn't stocking them anymore, as they have scaled their business right down! Problem for me is, i would want to try out whichever guitar first and unfortunately your in your in Wales! :/
  • Older version Martin OM-1? 
    variplexi said:
    Older version Martin OM-1? 
    Sorry not for me!
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Sammy said:
    Hi Herb, Checked their website but not sure which model you have? Not too much about Northworthy guitars on the web, except that their main dealer advised a while ago that he isn't stocking them anymore, as they have scaled their business right down! Problem for me is, i would want to try out whichever guitar first and unfortunately your in your in Wales! :/
    I've only played one Northworthy but it was superb.  I think they are a very well kept secret.
    Hi Sammy, It can be surprising how modern we are in Wales today. No sawdust on the pub floors anymore. Haven't seen a horse and cart for a while. Some families even have motor cars.
    Still a few English nervous of crossing the border though. Pity all that. I used to look forward to getting the coal in, carried in the tin bath we bathed in on a Saturday night. Gee I miss that homeliness.
    Oh, nearly forgot! The guitar. It's a Northworthy Mayfield. The makers name is Alan Marshall but I think he had health problems more recently.
    Cedar top, rosewood back. Both solid I guess. No electrics. Had it a long time but seen little use. A couple of small marks and although I'm not really a player I'm not anxious to say goodbye.
     Search a bit more. Definitely praised in "Guitarist" mag. Probably in the 80's. May come across them Up North.
    Anyway good luck with the search. Happy New Year too!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Herb said:
    Hi Sammy, It can be surprising how modern we are in Wales today. No sawdust on the pub floors anymore. Haven't seen a horse and cart for a while. Some families even have motor cars.
    Still a few English nervous of crossing the border though. Pity all that. I used to look forward to getting the coal in, carried in the tin bath we bathed in on a Saturday night. Gee I miss that homeliness.
    Oh, nearly forgot! The guitar. It's a Northworthy Mayfield. The makers name is Alan Marshall but I think he had health problems more recently.
    Cedar top, rosewood back. Both solid I guess. No electrics. Had it a long time but seen little use. A couple of small marks and although I'm not really a player I'm not anxious to say goodbye.
     Search a bit more. Definitely praised in "Guitarist" mag. Probably in the 80's. May come across them Up North.
    Anyway good luck with the search. Happy New Year too!
    Hi Herb, Did travel down to Wales once for a weekend in Cardiff with my daughter as she had an interview at a college there. Very disappointed the Horse & Carriage forgot to pick us up, the boarding house we were staying in only allowed one sausage person for breakfast and a hot shower was extra, due to a shortage of coal! :-)  It probably is a very nice guitar but unfortuantely quite a long drive for me, to see a guitar that may not be suitable! A pity his site has no actual pics of any of his models!
    Anyway many thanks for the offer and don't go drinking too much tonight, as you might burn yourself when you go to light the candles when you get home!   ;) Happy New Year to you to.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hi Sammy, Hope you and family had a pleasant evening yesterday but so sorry to hear of  your disappointing Cardiff visit. Hopefully next time will be much more rewarding. 
    Maybe commissioning a new build from a local luthier is the answer for you. Go on spoil yourself for the New Year.
    Alternatively look up "Acoustic Soundboard" - if not already familiar with the group. Really friendly lot of mostly acoustic enthusiasts with a wide selection of experience on quality guitars. I recommend.

Regards, Herb.
  • Sammy said:
    Trude said:
    PM me if a Martin 000-18 is of interest!

Sorry too large size for me!
    Thing is the OM and 000 are identical in terms of body size, so you may want to rethink your ad title.
  • rosskirosski Frets: 36
    I have a lovely Chris Larkin small-bodied acoustic which might fit the bill, in mint condition, this one: http://chrislarkinguitars.com/instruments-gallery/acoustic-guitars/ger-s-short-scale-asap-caw.html
    If you’re interested let me know
    Ross
    Sammy said:
    Trude said:
    PM me if a Martin 000-18 is of interest!

Sorry too large size for me!
    Thing is the OM and 000 are identical in terms of body size, so you may want to rethink your ad title.

With Martins you are correct but with various other builders the waist can be different, a bit more narrower on an 000 and I'm not too keen on that! Plus as previously mentioned not too keen on Martins anyway!