Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Now Sorted (WTB Smaller bodied Acoustic OM-00 type size)

What's Hot

Comments

• SammySammy Frets: 129
    rosski said:
    I have a lovely Chris Larkin small-bodied acoustic which might fit the bill, in mint condition, this one: http://chrislarkinguitars.com/instruments-gallery/acoustic-guitars/ger-s-short-scale-asap-caw.html
    If you’re interested let me know
    Ross
    Thanks for the offer looks like a really nice guitar, but really want a 14 fretter, plus as you are in Ireland there unfortunately would be no chance of me trying out, what is really a one off custom built guitar beforehand!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    On a personal note, I would like to thank the Fretboarders who have kindly offered various guitars or directed me to someone selling, quite a few who have PM me direct. Currently there are two I am very interested in, but unfortuantely as they are both quite far away,  its a question of  if & when to try view!
    So in the meantime I will keep on looking, though just to confirm, an OM size would be the max size and I would really prefer a slightly small size 00 or similar, but not a parlour! As they say 1/2" can make all the difference!  =) Sammy  
    Saw a lovely Atkins AA Deluxe guitar Friday, sound, build, etc but unfortunately neck was just too chunky, as it was a custom built neck!  :/ The ones that I am interested in, seem to all be up North or a really long distance, must be some Fretboarders looking to sell a bit closer to me!  B)
  • Sammy,
    Would you be interested on a Furch OOM34-SR in sunburst, slotted headstock from 2017?
    Sammy,
    Would you be interested on a Furch OOM34-SR in sunburst, slotted headstock from 2017?
    Sorry as previously mentioned, not really looking for a 12 fretter plus I think Prague might be a bit of a way for me to try out the guitar! :)
    Recently tried out various Lowden S range and love the actual size of the guitars and feel of the necks, all bar one pefect! :-) tried, walnut, clario walnut, mahogany and rosewood with spruce top, unfortunately all sounded just a bit too bright, but have been advised rosewood with cedar top would be more mellower and probably suitable!  The only S25 cheaper range with cedar and rosewood, is a postal job! So anyone got one of these S models configurations?  Or anything else suitable!
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    I know you said you dont like Martins but honestly - try an OM21. I used to think i didnt like Martins but my OM21 changed that.  To put it in context, I also have a Santa Cruz OM and a Collings OM. I play the Martin. 
    jellyroll said:
    I know you said you dont like Martins but honestly - try an OM21. I used to think i didnt like Martins but my OM21 changed that.  To put it in context, I also have a Santa Cruz OM and a Collings OM. I play the Martin. 
    Ok you have convinced me, I have the day off tomorrow waiting for British gas :-) So as long as they come reasonably early in the morning, I am going to Guitar Village in Farnham afterwards as never been there before. I'm going to try out a couple of guitars and just checked, they have a Martin OM 21 in stock so will add that to my list!  :)Thanks
    Enjoy!
    antifash said:
    Sorry but as previously pointed out a couple of times, not interested in a 12 fretter. Plus have previously had a Collins, nice guitars, but I think a bit overpriced compared to other similar guitars!
    jellyroll said:
    Enjoy!
    Tried out the OM21, sounded nice, but for an OM it was the same width size as my Stonebridge G 23 CR and I do want a smaller bodied guitar!  Plus as I have previously found with Martins they are harder to play as they have a stiiffer feeling to them!
    Anyway tried out quite a few guitars and found a really nice Maton EBG808TE the Tommy Emmanuel model, I tried about five of the same model and just this particular one seemed to have a resonace to it, which the others didn't have, but it was a little bit bright on the treble side, so thinking about it! Plus they did offer me a reasonable p/ex on my guitar against it.
    So at the moment it looks to be between a Lowden S25 with rosewood, which i would have to have sent to try, or the Maton!

……or a ukulele :)
    edited January 2018
      Isn't that less than 14 frets! =)

Well have just taken the plunge and ordered the Lowden S25 Cedar with Rosewood online from Project Music in Exeter! Arrives Friday! :) Can return if not happy, and they arrange pick up, cost will be £60 for both ways, very fair indeed. Would cost me more in petrol, plus 10 hours plus of driving there and back! Also they will take my Stonebridge in P/ex, for same price as the other shop if I keep the Lowden and refund the difference due back, and also said they will pick it up for free! They have very good reviews and must say they were extremely helpful on the phone with all my questions about the guitar. All in all excellent service, just hope now I like the guitar, as will be the first ever acoustic I have bought without trying first!
    Looking forward to Friday! B)
    Wow! Thats a great service.  Hope the Lowden works out for you. Let us know...
    Well that was a right bummer! They rang me this morning to apologise but another sales person had apparently sold the guitar two hours earlier to someone in France and as he had paid by bank transfer it doesn't automatically upload on their system and the sales person hadn't changed the item to sold! :p so its back to square one!
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Sammy said:
    Well that was a right bummer! They rang me this morning to apologise but another sales person had apparently sold the guitar two hours earlier to someone in France and as he had paid by bank transfer it doesn't automatically upload on their system and the sales person hadn't changed the item to sold! :p so its back to square one!
    That sucks. I’ve heard good things about Project Music but they’ve twice let me down when I’ve been ready to jump in the car and go down to Exeter to try something, only to find when I call that their website was wrong and it’s actually not in stock. 
    Go visit Coda. 
  • jrc2806jrc2806 Frets: 64
    jellyroll said:
    Go visit Coda. 
    Good call - just noticed a great F25c on there (Cedar/Rosewood). Not sure of the dimensions of the body the F model though.... might be worth a look? Best of luck!