MarkBass MB-1 onboard EQ

FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
Anyone had any experience of the MarkBass MB-1 onboard active EQ system? (As factory fitted to some Cort bass guitars.) Are the pots of professional quality or just cheap tat?

If I were to remove an MB-1 assembly from a pre-owned bass guitar to make way for American pickups and controls, is the MB-1 something for which there would be any demand?
You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    I would've thought that it would be saleable.
    Are the pots direct onto the circuit board and so do they need the holes in a fixed position?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    The available schematic diagrams infer a central PCB then ribbon-connectors and flying cables to discrete traditional pots. 

I am eyeing up possible host basses for an EMG-35 + -BTC combination. Cort, Ibanez, LTD, Schecter and Spector are all possibilities. The economics of this project are more sensible when the stock electronics have some residual value of their own. 

In the case of the Cort Action DLX, the in-house PDX and those pseudo-Bartolini MK1 pickups that they sometimes use can be consigned to the bin. EMG HZ pickups would be sale worthy but not worth a great deal, I suspect.

Whatever "bargain" drifts by first is what I shall probably end up using.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.