DV Mark guitar amps

What's Hot
mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
I saw Eric Gales last night at the Robin 2 in Bilston (amazing gig!!!) and he was using DV Mark guitar amps and I thought they sounded great. 

Living in a 4th floor flat im really interested in a small light weight powerful amp and given how good the sound was last night I looked into these and the Greg Howe signature amp is about £330 and gives 150w into 8ohms.

Does anyone have any experience with these, would they be loud enough for an unmiced pub rock gig? Enough head room to use a clean boost in the loop for solos? Any idea how they stack up against something like the quilter amps?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2325
    Markbass bass amps (obviously) are absolutely stellar....and took the bass amp world by storm. They have lost their way a little, and they could do with taking the next step and innovating again, but I would not hesitate to play their bass amps...I'd consider buying one again in the future. I assume they've now nailed the solid state (digital?) guitar amp world?
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 846
    I have a mint unused micro 50 for sale if you want to test the waters cheaper then buying new. 
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I tried the marigold valve amp  and it was really good! 
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    koss59 said:
    I have a mint unused micro 50 for sale if you want to test the waters cheaper then buying new. 
    How did you find it? Any good?
    I only switched it on to check it works but it was a nice loud clean sound. I bought it with something in mind that never happened so it's sat in the box since.
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    Sounds like my kind of purchase! Thanks
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26569
    I desperately wanted to try them out at The Guitar Show in February, but the two guys on the stand were more interested in noodling away with each other (at offensive volumes) and completely ignored me even when I waved my hands in front of them and made eye contact.

Ergo...I won't be buying any DV Mark amps.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
    @koss59 how much are you looking to sell for? 
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    Put a payment down on the Mk2 DV Micro 50 and the lightweight 212 cab at the guitar show. I would have bought Koss's Mk1 but I need an FX loop. They really are quite loud and the do get a lovely clear clean sound.
    @mark_jwedge I was after £180 plus shipping but I'll post it for that if you wanted it. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    I desperately wanted to try them out at The Guitar Show in February, but the two guys on the stand were more interested in noodling away with each other (at offensive volumes) and completely ignored me even when I waved my hands in front of them and made eye contact.

I know exactly the type …..experienced the same at Epsom ………..imbeciles ,morons,wankers 
    I would be tempted to spit at them
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Dominic said:

I know exactly the type …..experienced the same at Epsom ………..imbeciles ,morons,wankers 
    I would be tempted to spit at them
    I'd just start adjusting the controls. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
    @koss59 Pm'd
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom