Boss MS-3 Multi-Effects Loop Switcher just announced...

What's Hot

Comments

• jamiexsilverjamiexsilver Frets: 404
    The more I read about it and the more videos I watch, I think that this is perfect for me, it's like Boss knew exactly what I wanted.
    Granted it may not be everyones perfect pedal and I don't really get all the bashing it's getting especially on TGP, some guy has gone as far as changing his avatar to a picture of it with "boss fail" underneath! come on it's not that bad.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I think it's a very cool product. It's not quite for me I don't think, but I can definitely see how you'd build a rig around this thing.
  • The more I read about it and the more videos I watch, I think that this is perfect for me, it's like Boss knew exactly what I wanted.
    Granted it may not be everyones perfect pedal and I don't really get all the bashing it's getting especially on TGP, some guy has gone as far as changing his avatar to a picture of it with "boss fail" underneath! come on it's not that bad.
    Yeah I saw that. What a bellend. He hasn't even tried it!
  • jamiexsilverjamiexsilver Frets: 404
    The more I read about it and the more videos I watch, I think that this is perfect for me, it's like Boss knew exactly what I wanted.
    Words fail me about that site sometimes. 
    Yeah that guy is a knobcheese.
  • Drew_TNBD said:
    Yeah that guy is a knobcheese.
    Just reading that thread, that guy is obsessed with analog dry-thru and some other guy is distressed at digital latency. I bet in real life terms they wouldn't be able to tell. It's cork sniffing of the worst kind. I best stop before I de-rail this thread.
    <bites tongue in order to facilitate non-derailment>
    But yeah, it looks like a really cool product to me. The size appeals to me, and I do wonder about getting one for my singles board so I can replicate some of the important functionality of the Helix with a smaller board, just in case we have to go anywhere where I can't take the Helix.
  • The more I read about it and the more videos I watch, I think that this is perfect for me, it's like Boss knew exactly what I wanted.

He has way too much time on his hands, hating something he hasn't tried. Sounds like he needs a hug...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    colourofsound said:

Just reading that thread, that guy is obsessed with analog dry-thru and some other guy is distressed at digital latency. I bet in real life terms they wouldn't be able to tell. It's cork sniffing of the worst kind. I best stop before I de-rail this thread.
    I'm not going to read that thread, but I'll admit to having an issue with digitised dry signal in the past - because I used an amp with a parallel FX loop which wouldn't go to 100% wet, so the latency was a problem.

But I got over it… by modding the loop to series. After that it was never a problem.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    colourofsound said:

I'm not going to read that thread, but I'll admit to having an issue with digitised dry signal in the past - because I used an amp with a parallel FX loop which wouldn't go to 100% wet, so the latency was a problem.

But I got over it… by modding the loop to series. After that it was never a problem.
    Nah his main issue is that it changes the tone. Which I'm sure it probably does. Does it matter though?? Depends on the device. I rarely feel I need dry-thru though.
  • well, when boss got in touch with us earlier this yr, to design a 'small as we could make it' board to use in the demo vids for this new piece of kit they had made, i thought ah go on then why not....
    so now its finally been released, i can talk about it and not infringe on the no speake contract they had me sign.

i think its a fantastic bit of kit, so much so, i had them send me 1 asap so i can make a little board for myself around it!
    its so small and not expensive for what it can do. i didnt get long with it with the 1 i had and it was a few months ago now, but it sounded fine to me. i mean christ what do you want!? yes there are probably better fx's delays, wobbly sounds etc but its all personal choice, and for what this is designed for (to just bung in your luggage for fly gigs) its great.
    with the extra sockets for stereo, loops to have a few of your fave analog boxes, midi and other routing solutions, its pretty bloody good for the price i think. yes it might not do certain things but hey, sometimes u cant have everything.

heres the FB linky for our new board designed for it:   https://www.facebook.com/CustomPedalBoards/posts/1242386142550104?notif_t=like&notif_id=1496333186485374
    which will take you to our site for the board and boss's site for the pedal.

i think what i really liked most about it was yes u could just bung it in your luggage, have a load of presets set up with cab sims etc for fly gigs (if your 1 of them profesh types) or you can put it on a teeny board like what we made and have patch box, power, analog stomps cabling etc all ready to go and still take it on fly gigs as hand luggage, or have it as part of a bigger system on a bigger board and yeh like the M5's from line6 and H9's from eventide its that pedal that soaks up what the others u have dont do all in 1 to save space.

so question is, what am i gonna do with my little board for it?...
    im always doing this, in my fortunate position, whenever i get a new pedal if i like it a lot, instead of adding it to a board, i build a whole new board around it! which now means i have so many pedals but also now, just loads of boards as well! hahaaa ffs!
    if i like the tuna, boost, comps, mods, delays on the MS3 then all i think i need to add is a nice fuzz, a nice od, and poss a treble boost and i'm there! with poss the addition of either a wah or vol or and expression will need to see how the expression works with the fx on the MS3 as i think it can do vol and wah as well as expression on most of the fx, but the wah will most likely not be great i would of thought.

anyway will be another nice little jam board eh..... ;)
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I was literally going to ask who made that tiny board and whether they were available for sale!!
    £320 is a bit rich for my blood though!!
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Looks great, but all a bit limited when you compare it to what else is available, nothing as small and cute though!

To give it some context... the MS3 is bottom left...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBD said:
    To give it some context... the MS3 is bottom left...

Basically the size of a Timeline then. Crazy.
  • @Drew_TNBD Did you make that with some pedalboard planning site or did you nick it from somewhere or whip it up yourself #questions
    @Drew_TNBD Did you make that with some pedalboard planning site or did you nick it from somewhere or whip it up yourself #questions
    Pedalplayground.com
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    This looks like it's aimed at people like me- punters who have a couple of favourite drive pedals, or prefer amp distortion, and would occasionally use a few different types of modulation if they have to, (and are not that fussy about them as they are used sparingly). Most importantly, those 3 dials look as if they make tweaking a lot simpler than the menu diving of other pedals. 
    Fundamentally I think I'll always prefer not having to think about setting up patches and programs, but then I gig sparingly, so tap dancing is not really an issue. If I start gigging more, particualely in a covers band where you have to cover a lot of musical ground, this looks like a no- brainer at that price. 
    I think Boss are making some great stuff at the mo. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    Ps am I right in understanding this digital dry through malarkey. Does it mean that even without pedals selected the signal goes through Ad/da converters? That could be a bit of an issue for me as I have often found that sterilises the tone a bit. Hmmm.....
    why would they do that? Is it much cheaper than keeping an analogue path and then mixing them?