Boss MS-3 Multi-Effects Loop Switcher just announced...

What's Hot

Comments

• jamiexsilverjamiexsilver Frets: 404
    Does anyone have any inside info on when these are due out in the uk? Everywhere has them on pre order only.
    Jamie, looks like they've just arrived...

GAK and Peach have them in stock, for now, but Id imagine that these will fly out. Ive just ordered one ;)
    Amazing! Thank you! Just ordered.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Does anyone have any inside info on when these are due out in the uk? Everywhere has them on pre order only.

GAK and Peach have them in stock, for now, but Id imagine that these will fly out. Ive just ordered one ;)
    I preordered with Andertons at the beginning of last week, with the expected delivery date being the 30th of June. That then changed to the 31st of July. Haven't got a clue what's going on, but can't wait to get my hands on it.
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    What is it with Andertons these days? So much new stuff that everyone else has in stock except them (MS-3, TC Hall of Fame 2, TC Flashback 2, OCD 2, and more...) Even Dawsons was selling Les Pauls cheaper than them.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    seen some turning up on boards over at TGP!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9528
    Does anyone have any inside info on when these are due out in the uk? Everywhere has them on pre order only.

Excellent !

Mine is arriving tomorrow :)
    Mine too, just in time for me to go on holiday and not be able to do anything with it for a week!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • How would I integrate and use a Strymon Sunset in one of the loops of the MS3, seeing as it has 2 drive circuits that can be used separately or stacked (or in parallel)? Or is this something that works better with simpler pedals in the loops?
    Mine just turned up. Only got another 9 hours at work before I can have a play.

edited July 2017
    I actually can't get my head round how tiny it is.

(insert that's what she said jokes etc...)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    I'm sure I've said this. I don't need one, but I want one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DungusDungus Frets: 170
    Mine arrived yesterday too. Eh.... it's going to take me a while to get my head around it. There's a lot going on inside this little box of madness. My only concern is that everything that goes through it gets converted to digital, so that might make things sound weird? Probably not, but tis a concern nonetheless.
  • I'm sure I've said this. I don't need one, but I want one.
    Seconded.
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1042
    Seconded.
    Thirded. I'm sure I could make use of it.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Kylef said:i
    Seconded.
    Thirded. I'm sure I could make use of it.
    A firm fourth here. 
    I have a basic board I use at home when my helix is packed up for gigs which this would sit nicely on... but I'd feel bad for not gigging it!
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I actually can't get my head round how tiny it is.

(insert that's what she said jokes etc...)
    I would insert it, but you wouldn't feel it.

turrrr hurrrrr
  • Andy's demo of the MS3 for PGS is excellent as ever, AND he plays Oily Water from my favourite Blur album (Modern Life...) to demonstrate setting a momentary switch. His demos are the best.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5137
    How would I integrate and use a Strymon Sunset in one of the loops of the MS3, seeing as it has 2 drive circuits that can be used separately or stacked (or in parallel)? Or is this something that works better with simpler pedals in the loops?
    No reason why you couldn't put the Sunset in a loop, although I don't think the MS-3 can do anything other than turn the loop on or off. Also no reason why you can't use complex pedals in the loop, but those that can be controlled either via MIDI or at least with the MS-3's CTL outputs will integrate best.

Dungus said:
    My only concern is that everything that goes through it gets converted to digital, so that might make things sound weird? Probably not, but tis a concern nonetheless.
    You've been happily listening to CDs and mp3s for decades. Everything on those is "converted to digital".

If it sounds good I don't think you need to worry about how it works, assuming it's not full of endangered animal parts or built by child slaves. Everything else is consumerist bullshit.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• How would I integrate and use a Strymon Sunset in one of the loops of the MS3, seeing as it has 2 drive circuits that can be used separately or stacked (or in parallel)? Or is this something that works better with simpler pedals in the loops?
    The MS-3's CTRL output can switch any Strymon 'Fav' input. It works just like an amp footswitch, so you could have the Sunset in a loop and as well as switch between the current setting and a favourite setting.
    The MS-3's CTRL output can switch any Strymon 'Fav' input. It works just like an amp footswitch, so you could have the Sunset in a loop and as well as switch between the current setting and a favourite setting.

Interesting...
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17603
    tFB Trader
    How would I integrate and use a Strymon Sunset in one of the loops of the MS3, seeing as it has 2 drive circuits that can be used separately or stacked (or in parallel)? Or is this something that works better with simpler pedals in the loops?

Are you sure of that?

A lot of switchers don't work with Strymon stuff because they don't follow the same convention as 90% of pedals. I found that to my cost with the Flint.