New Arcade Fire

What's Hot
dindudedindude Frets: 8537
Alright I'm a bit of a AF fan, but I love the new single - looking forward to the album.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    Sounds like fucking ABBA
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    Sounds like fucking ABBA
    If I was fucking Abba it would sound very different to that...especially when it was Björn & Benny's turn.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Iamnobody said:
    Sounds like fucking ABBA
    If I was fucking Abba it would sound very different to that...especially when it was Björn & Benny's turn.
    You'd have no chance! Those two are animals and they'd eat you for breakfast!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    Might just have been the vocal treatment but it reminded me of Bowie

I did like it though
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    Didn't Gloria Gaynor record this originally?
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    So doesn't seem to be many AF fans here, but I'm still loving Everything Now some weeks on, it's proper good, yes even with the Abba disco beat and piano intro. "'til every room in my house is full of shit I couldn't live without" genius.

This second song from the new album took me a little longer but now loving this too. The lyrics are pretty brutal. Very much looking forward to the album.

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    dindude said:
    So doesn't seem to be many AF fans here, but I'm still loving Everything Now some weeks on, it's proper good, yes even with the Abba disco beat and piano intro. "'til every room in my house is full of shit I couldn't live without" genius.

This second song from the new album took me a little longer but now loving this too. The lyrics are pretty brutal. Very much looking forward to the album.

Everything Now didn't do much for me when it first came out (still bought the single, though)

Creature Comfort is already one of my all time favourite AF songs
    Stop crying, start buying
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    dindude said:
    So doesn't seem to be many AF fans here
    I'm currently analysing their first 3 albums, and there is some brilliant stuff to be found on all of them.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    The Suburbs was the best album, bar none, of the last ten years for me. Hated what came next

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3840
    I'm a fan. Great band.
    As an overall album, I think maybe Neon Bible is the best, however all the albums have some great stuff on. The moment that cemented them as brilliant in my mind was 'Keep the car running' as the sun went down at Glasto. Wish I had been there.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    edited May 2018
    Neon Bible is a bad record IMO. Just goes to show eh. Funeral is a classic and Suburbs is almost there too.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Neon Bible is a bad record IMO. Just goes to show eh. Funeral is a classic and Suburbs is almost there too.
    Wwwwhhhhhhaaaaaatttttt?! :0)
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    As the originator of the thread, have to say almost a year on that Everything Now the album is poor by their own standards. Everything Now the song I stil absolutely love though. 

The Suburbs is my overall fav album.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited May 2018
    dindude said:
    So doesn't seem to be many AF fans here, but I'm still loving Everything Now some weeks on

Not a fan of the band but a big fan of that song.  I heard it last year (just seen this is a necro thread!), and run it past the band but no one was that keen. 
    I still really like it though -- lyrics are good.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26987
    I loved the first 2 albums and liked The Suburbs, but the last 2 records are too much trying hard and not enough just writing good songs.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    First 3 albums are brilliant start to finish with suburbs being my favourite.

Not as keen on the recent stuff.

• MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 455
    They were pretty good when I saw them live a little while back, toss up between first and Suburbs for me.
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5419
    For me it's been a consistent and measurable decline since Funeral, which is an absolute masterpiece. Neon Bible is great but has a couple strange moments. The Suburbs is ok, has a couple great tracks but with even more filler. Reflektor and Everything Now are both meh.

Still a very solid live act though either way... I just can't abide by them in arenas, I've tried. When they used to play theatres here, that was where it was at. But I'm getting older and yelling at clouds more often than not.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326

I've seen them twice here in Manchester over the past year and the Arena show was flat out amazing. Stage in the middle of the crowd. Exceptional band. Yes, they've changed, but I like it. Funeral is still some of their best work but I do like the 80s pop in Everything Now.