The dangers of training to be a suicide bomber ..

What's Hot
FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
edited February 2014 in Off Topic
I know it's in bad taste but I had to laugh at this .. Iraqi suicide bombing instructor accidentally kills himself and pupils. Over 20 trainee suicide bombers and their teacher were killed in Iraq when the tutor mistakenly detonated the bomb. No doubt they didn't have a proper health and safety policy ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iraq/10629543/Iraqi-suicide-bombing-instructor-accidentally-kills-himself-and-pupils.html

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Feel really sorry for the relatives - at least three years of constant calls from Claims Direct.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I feel sorry for Claims Direct. Three years of calling the familis of terminally stupid people....

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    I'm a firm believer in learning from people who have actually done what they are trying to teach. This story is what happens when you have teachers who only have book learning and not real world experience.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    I think this story has blown up out of all proportion
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    VimFuego said:
    I'm a firm believer in learning from people who have actually done what they are trying to teach. This story is what happens when you have teachers who only have book learning and not real world experience.
    Totally agree. This is why the Japanese Kamakazi pilots failed. Not enough instructors with first hand experience to pass on the key tips and tricks that make all the difference.

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12312
    Do they still get to fuck 21 virgins in Paradise, or have they lost out on a technicality?
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Do they still get to fuck 21 virgins in Paradise, or have they lost out on a technicality?
    There's probably not enough of them left ... and besides, where would they find any virgins?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    Fretwired said:
    There's probably not enough of them left ... and besides, where would they find any virgins?
    Inverness
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    ESchap said:
    Fretwired said: where would they find any virgins?
    Inverness

Don't be so silly, there's only 2 things to do in Inverness, drinking and ----ing. One usually leads to the other........ B-)

:ar!

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I for one am hoping this is down to Seal Team 6 developing a "comical deaths only" policy - swap the demo jacket for the real thing...

next week a well known terrorist suffocates after recieving a pie in the face.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    VimFuego said:
    Totally agree. This is why the Japanese Kamakazi pilots failed. Not enough instructors with first hand experience to pass on the key tips and tricks that make all the difference.

Also no feedback for possible improvements in design or method.

It probably tells you a lot about the intelligence of those who are coerced in to becoming suicide bombers that training is actually required.  "Good news men. I have managed to get hold of a copy of tomorrows final exam paper.   The answers are 1.) Walk up to target.  2.) Press button.  3.) Big boom!." 

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • "Now listen carefully. I'm only going to say this once."
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11293
    Kids - they blow up so quickly.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    mike_l said:
    ESchap said:
    Fretwired said: where would they find any virgins?
    Inverness

Don't be so silly, there's only 2 things to do in Inverness, drinking and ----ing. One usually leads to the other........ B-)

:ar!
    You mean the 4 and 20 of legend no longer exist .. ?! .... gutted :-O
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    ESchap;159961" said:
    Fretwired said:

jonnyburgo said:

Do they still get to fuck 21 virgins in Paradise, or have they lost out on a technicality?There's probably not enough of them left ... and besides, where would they find any virgins?Inverness
    Endangered species round these parts nowadays, the song needs updating big time.

:D
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Still on the bright side they are a shoo in for this years Darwin awards, no not that Darwin Oct.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Once people said "time is the greatest teacher, sadly it kills all it's students" ... that may change if they release this guys name ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10268
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • Looking at it positively though, it seems Iraq has plenty of Job Opportunities in the Education Sector.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Wasn't this one of the gags in the Ahmed the Dead Terrorist routine?

So how did you die Ahmed?
    New guy.
    New Guy?
    Yeah, he practised! Hahaha! Silence!