Manchester Gig Last Night

What's Hot

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1468
    underdog said:
    Liam has a point there (honestly never thought I'd type those words)
    I know, right? I always stood up for Noel in the past and assumed Liam was the dickhead. Seems it's the other way around. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22096
    underdog said:

Alternatively it looks like a case of a less talented idiot younger brother using an event like this for sibling points scoring. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • It filled my heart with joy.

Game as fuck, the lot of em. 

Hat tipped. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2017
    joneve said:
    underdog said:
    I know, right? I always stood up for Noel in the past and assumed Liam was the dickhead. Seems it's the other way around. 

No it doesn't seem it at all. Noel left ages ago and hasn't spoken to Liam since 2009. Liam since then has burnt through a fuckload of money, not least with having to pay half of his wealth to his ex-wife whilst still throwing up maintenance to the kid he had with Lisa Moorish and the kid he had with that American journalist. Why do you think he's always on about Oasis reforming during interviews? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4088
    endorse that - I'm mentioned it a few times during the bits I did see - Not my scene regarding most of the acts but I agree a great professional job throughout - sorry though I still don't get Coldplay
    Me either to be honest, can't stand 'em.  Not doing me or anyone else any harm though, if someone somewhere derives pleasure from it then all power to them.  Probably should take the advice of anyone I've ever discussed the subject with (and @Gassage of course!) and see them live.

Thought it was a fantastic gig, the bits I did see.  There must have been a large number of kids who were at the original gig at the MEN when the bomb went off, I tell you what - fair play to them.  Must have been nerve-wracking but they turned out and had a good time (I hope) and didn't let the hateful scumbag's actions the previous week stop them doing it.  Nice one.
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
       I'm full of admiration for Grande - for me though, it wasn't putting on the gig that showed her humanity, it was visiting the kids in hospital. The concert was great though - she could teach the odd president about being professional and dignified. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    I'd just got back from holiday and didn't know anything about it - and to be honest, just seeing the list of featured artists wouldn't have attracted me anyway - but after all I've read and heard today I wish I'd watched it.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I don't think I'm exaggerating when I describe it as this generation's Live Aid.
    Except all put together in about a week. Seriously impressive.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    underdog said:

Alternatively it looks like a case of a less talented idiot younger brother using an event like this for sibling points scoring. 

I think he seems genuinely pissed off to be honest. Noel being the cities son really should have made every effort to be there, or record a message or something if he really couldn't male it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    I'd just got back from holiday and didn't know anything about it - and to be honest, just seeing the list of featured artists wouldn't have attracted me anyway - but after all I've read and heard today I wish I'd watched it.
    Get thineself to the iPlayer! 

underdog said:
    underdog said:

I think he seems genuinely pissed off to be honest. Noel being the cities son really should have made every effort to be there, or record a message or something if he really couldn't male it. 
    Couldn't agree more. All it's doing is give the impression you could give two fucks about the city that you were born and raised in, or the people from there who have shown you nothing but love for the last 20+ years. 
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4254
    I don't like Coldplay, certainly would never buy a record, but happened to see them a couple of times at festivals and without a doubt they put on an incredible show.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    underdog said:
    underdog said:

It doesn't give Liam the right to look back in anger.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2017
    underdog said:
    underdog said:

Shall we start a thread entitled 'Morrissey's a cunt for not sending a video message to One Love' then? 

Lisa Moorish has the perfect Twitter reply to Liam.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/06/05/12/411EF65A00000578-0-image-m-10_1496662944432.jpg

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    joneve said:
    Couldn't agree more. All it's doing is give the impression you could give two fucks about the city that you were born and raised in, or the people from there who have shown you nothing but love for the last 20+ years. 
    So Ian Brown doesn't give a fuck, John Squire doesn't give a fuck, Morrissey and Johnny Marr don't give a fuck...

• gubblegubble Frets: 1737

A lot of the modern stuff wasn't for me but found myself enjoying the show and appreciating the time, effort and talent of all the performers.

I have serious respect for Miss Grande and everything she has done to help out.

Does anyone know if we can still donate to the fund that's been set up as I'd like to ? I enjoyed the show, believe in the cause and feel it's only right I contribute a few quid.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516

Alternatively she's seizing an opportunity to take a cheap shot at an ex.  Much like Liam taking a cheap shot at Noel.  As for all the Noel criticism, does anyone know if the organisers actually attempted to contact him?
    joneve said:
    So Ian Brown doesn't give a fuck, John Squire doesn't give a fuck, Morrissey and Johnny Marr don't give a fuck...
    you could argue that, yes. On that note, would have been aces to see the Stone Roses do a song or two and The Smiths for that matter. They were probably busy with their families as well. 

Christ Lisa Moorish has kids with Liam Gallagher and Pete Doherty....she certainly knows how to pick them! 
    Philly_Q said:

Alternatively she's seizing an opportunity to take a cheap shot at an ex.  Much like Liam taking a cheap shot at Noel.  As for all the Noel criticism, does anyone know if the organisers actually attempted to contact him?
    Nope, but it's good fun to assume that these artists are massive self-centered bellends! :D 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10229
    I know she's young enough to be my daughter, but I fell a little bit in love a with Ariana yesterday.

The girl's a class act.Huge respect.

Laugh, love, live, learn.