Any thoughts on this?

wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172721013074?ul_noapp=true its obviously a death trap at the moment but could be cool? no affiliation by the way.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Assuming they're strong the valves alone could be worth a fair bit.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    Yes, you could make something pretty cool out of that - the circuit as it stands (from memory) is not very 'guitary', but they're very easy to work on and modify as you can see. As you know it needs a bit of safety work too, but it's not actually that bad. I probably wouldn't pay more than the value of the parts though - treat it as a kit that you will need to rebuild rather than a finished amp.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    Takes me back to my youth! you could buy them as kits or factory assembled. Not really a guitar amp in the day, more to connect to your record deck. They have an ultra linear output transformer, so aiming for minimum distortion, that said, could be fine with pedals. Looking at the build, would say it was probably a kit as they came out of the factory slightly better put together (but not much!) A few safety issues to address to bring it to latest standards, but great little project, if you have time and knowledge of valve amp design. Schematics should be available on the net as they were very common in their day.