NAD - Cornford Harlequin

What's Hot
ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
edited June 2017 in Amps
The recent favourite guitar/amp combo thread got me thinking. What is the favourite combination I've owned?

I had an old Matamp, that when hooked up with a Bare Knuckle-equipped strat replica was pretty awesome. A Splawn Quick Rod/Les Paul partnership was monstrous (and may yet be revisited), but my absolute favourite was the aforementioned strat (nicknamed "Joe") was partnered into a Mk1 Cornford Harlequin. I just loved the simplicity and sweetness to the sound.

And that made me think hmmmm....eBay. Where I dropped a bid on a Mk1 Harlequin in St Neotts that was at £200. I expected to have to pay at least £350....but no-one else bid. 

I've just collected it. Got it home and plugged in my Creamery-equipped Raygun Relic Strat and I'm straight back to where I want to be. Fabulous. Consider me one chuffed bunny...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Link doesn't seem to work for me but I know what they look like m. Great little Amps. Well done 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    Just wait for all the haters - not me by the way.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    £200 for a Harley is a great price!  I really liked the one I had.
  • CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 291
    You've got a really good amp, and at a bargain price! It's a shame that Cornford's are no longer made.
  • Nice score buddy that's a great price and a great amp 

Some jokers on eBay trying £450-500 for them. I've had three and only paid £250-300 when Cornford were actually still going 
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    I was watching that chap, we need to sych up incase we end up in a bidding war :)

Great score!
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    photek said:
    I was watching that chap, we need to sych up incase we end up in a bidding war :)

Great score!
    Ha! Indeed ;)
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4775
    I love mine. Great price, too. Well done and enjoy! 
  • AlexHunterAlexHunter Frets: 422
    I was also watching but decided I didn't need two of them. How wrong I was......