Looking for people that can make HD guitar amplifier demo videos

What's Hot
AlasdairDavisAlasdairDavis Frets: 7
edited June 2017 in Made in the UK
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this post is not allowed. I'm looking for people that can help me get my company off the ground by doing some demo videos for our amplifiers. It seems that getting a load of good content on to the internet is key to promoting a product.

I asked on the Guitar Nerds Facebook forum and have had a good response with some people (including Guitar Nerds themselves) offering to make videos for me but I thought it would be cool to ask if any of the Fretboard guys would also be interested.

This is one of the first videos I've had back from a guy called Dom Bennison... he played the drums, bass and guitar as well as recorded all the music and mixed it.... plus he put the video together! I couldn't believe it when he sent us his work.

If anyone is interested in the spec of our amplifiers then you can check out all the details here....

http://davisamplification.com/2c8.html

If you have any other questions then just ask and I look forward to hearing from anyone that is interested in helping.
| davisamplification.com | furyofficial.com | My favourite guitar is my American Standard HH Telecaster in whitish |
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    Alasdair, I don't wish to offend, but I'm pretty sure the moderators would look at your post as primarily advertising your products, which I don't believe is allowed in this section, (I may be wrong and will stand corrected). Why not become a regular contributor on here and help other members with their problems and queries, like a lot of the amp build guys do, there is no better way to enhance your reputation for sure. In any event I wish you all the success in what is an extremely competitive UK market :s  
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2569
    tFB Trader
    Are you willing to pay for videos or are you looking for a freebie?
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26457
    @AlasdairDavis - I've moved this to Made in the UK for you...it's our section for businesses. I couldn't make my mind up as to whether it belonged there or in Personnel, but opted for the area with the most traffic.

This kind of post is definitely allowed here - we're more than happy to support UK businesses - but we do kind of insist they go in the right section.

Oh, and welcome! :)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DJH83004 said:
    Alasdair, I don't wish to offend, but I'm pretty sure the moderators would look at your post as primarily advertising your products, which I don't believe is allowed in this section, (I may be wrong and will stand corrected). Why not become a regular contributor on here and help other members with their problems and queries, like a lot of the amp build guys do, there is no better way to enhance your reputation for sure. In any event I wish you all the success in what is an extremely competitive UK market :s  
    Hi there,

Thanks for letting me know, I was at first thinking that may have been the case and the intention was not to advertise. I am genuinely looking for people that can help me with videos.

I also didn't sign up to sell my amplifiers and I have commented on a lot of posts and offered advice and help to people who were asking things I could help with.

Thanks for your support though, it is a tough market but it's what I do so I have to keep on plugging away at it.
    | davisamplification.com | furyofficial.com | My favourite guitar is my American Standard HH Telecaster in whitish |
  • @AlasdairDavis - I've moved this to Made in the UK for you...it's our section for businesses. I couldn't make my mind up as to whether it belonged there or in Personnel, but opted for the area with the most traffic.

This kind of post is definitely allowed here - we're more than happy to support UK businesses - but we do kind of insist they go in the right section.

Oh, and welcome! :)

Thanks for that and sorry for putting it in the wrong section. I am a business but it's just me in the office so sometimes it is very personal. Thanks for the support as well.
  • Are you willing to pay for videos or are you looking for a freebie?
    Hi there, I unfortunately can't pay at the moment as I literally have put EVERYTHING in to getting this off the ground. When I'm getting a lot of traffic from videos and hopefully making some money I would of course start paying.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    Have you tried local colleges? For our last photo shoot we found someone who was doing a photography course, and needed a project as part of his coursework.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Roland said:
    Have you tried local colleges? For our last photo shoot we found someone who was doing a photography course, and needed a project as part of his coursework.
    Hi Roland,

I've used students before for my band and the results were not great because the lecturers insisted that we used the new students and not the ones who were closer to finishing higher level courses so I dismissed them as an option a long time a go but maybe it is time to rethink that.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26457
    Just as a suggestion...given that you're not in a position to pay, why not offer an endorsement instead (along with a corresponding requirement that they continue doing demos for later products)?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    I'd stick with Dom - you'll be hard pressed to find someone who'll produce a video to match that level of quality and professionalism for free.
  • AlasdairDavisAlasdairDavis Frets: 7
    edited June 2017
    mellowsun said:
    I'd stick with Dom - you'll be hard pressed to find someone who'll produce a video to match that level of quality and professionalism for free.

Just as a suggestion...given that you're not in a position to pay, why not offer an endorsement instead (along with a corresponding requirement that they continue doing demos for later products)?
    Definitely sticking with Dom and he has been endorsed to suit. He's been great and his studio is up and coming so I literally couldn't ask for more.