A little acoustic pedal board

What's Hot
Hi all

I play acoustic either solo or in an acoustic trio with another guitar and a bass. I'm thinking of a small acoustic pedal board to enhance the sound a bit. Nothing too fancy. I have a vocal harmoniser already so that will be on there, i was thinking chorus, delay, compression and some kind of string sound, plus a looper.
Any suggestions/things that have definitely worked or that definitely haven't?

Thanks
Matt
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
    edited June 2017
    I just use a tc flashback delay and then a boss cs3 compressor as a solo boost and these both seem to work great and aren't too expensive to pickup, particularly secondhand 
  • oh good, as I own a flashback already lol.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33783
    I like a bit of compression and reverb on acoustic.
    Anything else seems to get in the way.
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2464

This is mine, a pedaltrain Metro 16 with a harmony singer, headrush looper, hydra boost for solos/fingerpicking and a boss tuner. Powered by a Cioks DC-5 which sits under the board. Radial DI for when I'm using a passive pickup.
  • love it. And love the harmony singer - I have one of those.
  • edenfield99edenfield99 Frets: 349
    I have used.... guitar direct into optical compressor into LR Baggs Para DI. then I've used tremolo and a bit of slapback delay in the loop of the DI. I used the compressor as I was using two different acoustics and switching between finger picking and strumming so it was there to even out the volume.
  • optical compressor? which one as there seems to be quite a few. Any reason it was optical?
    Optical because they tend to be quite neutral and not add much to your tone (unlike a dyna comp style). Can't remember the make, it wasn't an expensive one but I think discontinued...it was red/orange coloured. I'll see if I've still got it in the box upstairs later and let you know.
  • LuminousLuminous Frets: 210
    I use the zoom A3 into a boss looper...feed to PA...feed to ableton...safety feed to FOH

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
    Optical because they tend to be quite neutral and not add much to your tone (unlike a dyna comp style). Can't remember the make, it wasn't an expensive one but I think discontinued...it was red/orange coloured. I'll see if I've still got it in the box upstairs later and let you know.
    Aphex Punch Factory?
    Red ones are better. 
    That's it!!