Digitech Freqout- is it a keeper?

What's Hot
mrkbmrkb Frets: 6779
I'm interested in one of these, and am interested in the 'feedback' from those that have bought the Digitech Freqout - how have you found it? Has it stayed on your board and been regularly used or is it a bit of a one-trick pony? cheers.
Karma......
Ebay mark7777_1
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 363
    edited June 2017
    Great bit of kit sat beside my Helix. Of course it's a one trick pony but it's a great trick!
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6779
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • damm73damm73 Frets: 358
    The novelty wore off very quickly for me. I had the expectation that it would give infinite sustain a la Fernandes sustainer or EBow but that's not the case. The effect only lasts as long as the string is still vibrating and I found that long sustained notes/feedback would just cut off suddenly and unnaturally. 

I also couldn't find a balance of the gain/onset controls that I was happy with. It was always immediately apparent when the effect kicked in which again made it kind of unnatural sounding to me. So I didn't think I'd get much use out of it and have since returned it.  

No doubt many people will do wonderfully creative things with it but I'm happy sticking with fuzz pedals and holding the guitar next to the speaker for all my feedback needs. 
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    I liked it but didn't keep it. It's probably true to say the novelty wore off for me too and I couldn't really justify strapping it to a board for live use.
  • I swear i heard a band use it at Download. if so it sounded incredible

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • edited June 2017
    well if someone wants to move one on. I'm interested. I do wonder what they will do with this idea. I bet it won't be long until they make a new version with a few tweaks.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6779

Hey get off my thread - I was here first ;-)

Seems to be no new ones available at the moment, so Im waiting for a used one to appear. I only play with headphones/modeller at home so have no chance of volume derived feedback, so this seems a good option.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Sorry. How rude of me! 

• ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    Sold it. It had a very slight buffer sound that I didn't like, and would indeed sometimes just cut off when hanging on notes till the very end. Not as violin like and flexible as an ebow. 
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Can it do really wild, untamed feedback? I've only really seen people doing tasteful stuff with it. I want to sound like the Chariot every time I stand on it.