Looking for cheap Fuzz pedal recommendations

What's Hot
DrBobDrBob Frets: 3005
So after years of swerving yer actual 'Fuzz' pedals in favour of OD's & Distortions I'm finally coming to terms with the reality that a lot of my favourite tones have that Fuzz thing going on !
The ongoing Dave Gilmour obsession is no doubt a large part of it but the Frijid PInk version of 'House Of The Rising Sun' came on the radio the other day and I loved the fuzzed out sound on that.

So yes, any recommendations as to whats out there that's a good value first fuzz ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    A couple of the Mooer ones are far better than they should be.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    edited June 2017
    What about the Biyang Fuzz Star - 5 minutes in. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4528
    edited June 2017
    Have a look at the Valetron demos too

www.youtube.com/results?search_query=valetron+fuzz
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1209
    edited June 2017
    Donner Stylish Fuzz. Big Muff clone for £20ish.
    Link to my trading feedback
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    As @simonk says, the Mooer ones are well worth checking out. I've got the Germaniun Grey Faze (which is based on the Ge Fuzz Face) which is an excellent fuzz pedal and can be had for £50 from most shops - although for some reason Strings Direct think £65 is a reasonable price :confounded: 
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3005
    Thanks for the suggestions, wisdoms awarded to all !
    Particularly taken with the Donner/Mooer/Rowin/Valeton options as the small form factor is very appealing
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Octafish said:
    As @simonk says, the Mooer ones are well worth checking out. I've got the Germaniun Grey Faze (which is based on the Ge Fuzz Face) which is an excellent fuzz pedal and can be had for £50 from most shops - although for some reason Strings Direct think £65 is a reasonable price :confounded: 
    You can add the Blue Faze (silicon Fuzz Face) and Triangle Buff (Triangle Big Muff copy) to the list of good Mooer fuzzes. You can generally pick them up cheap from ebay too. 
    The Buff is nice and thick and sounds close enough to a real Big Muff without being a pain in the arse to put on a pedalboard!