I went the Brook Guitars workshop today

I bought a Brook Taw last November (Gibsonish scale length, sort of OM body, 14 frets) with a Spruce top and Bubinga back and sides. Lovely guitar to use with your fingers and rewards a light touch rather than belting it. 

Today, I drove from Christchurch to darkest Devon to visit them. (I bought the guitar at Project Music in Exeter). There was a slight flaw on the upper bout which they polished out. Whilst they had it, they also adjusted the truss rod and improved what was already decent playability. For free. While I was there. 

I also got a tour of their workshop. What a fascinating place, in the middle of nowhere, where four/five blokes hand build wonderful sounding guitars and clearly enjoy their work. As do I!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5154
    I love it there...No phone reception, bliss..Lovely chaps...I promised myself a Teign for my 40th but it never happened  :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 615
    Sounds like a great day out to me! I tried a few of their guitars in Ivor Mairants and I agree that they tend not to be 'belters', but reward delicate and nuanced playing.
  • bugilemanbugileman Frets: 56
    Some of the beat acoustic guitars ive ever played. Love em