SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn - Carr Mercury, now £875 firm

What's Hot
DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7106
edited July 2017 in Amps £

I picked this up from the lovely Arktik82 a few weeks ago thinking I'd get a Marshall like home amp that I can turn up when I'm playing out. Its lovely but I can't get the Marshall clean/slight edge of breakup sound that I was hoping for that I used to get from my DSL1 .  The Carr sounds amazing to me overdriven but cleanish it sounds almost tweed like which isn't the sound I was after.

I know I'm a fussy sod (and possibly crazy/cloth eared)  -  when I mentioned to someone else on here I was thinking of trading it he said I'd regret it but so be it !

I'm going back to my plan A which is a DSL40c or a mini jubilee combo so if anyone has one of these in good condition and can meet somewhere along with a sports bag full of cash then please let me know (I'm happy to drive a couple of hours)

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/96375/

EDIT - sorry just saw that the original photos are no longer there so here are a couple of pics I just took

https://imgur.com/gallery/NXLNd

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dcgdcg Frets: 230
    And your sale price is...?  Bearing in mind that DSL40C or mini Jubliees are not so plentiful.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7106
    I'm not so sure about the DSL dcg, I see plenty of those about but I'd agree re the mini jubilee although I missed one on here for £550 a few months back !

I'd sell for £950 and with that in mind Id expect £500 plus a dsl40 if that makes sense ?
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    Guitar Village have the DSL40C in new for £487...

https://guitarvillage.co.uk/products/marshall-dsl40c-combo

Wow thanks a lot @andy1839 that's a great price. My sister in law lives near there so I could suggest a visit then dump my wife and kids and go and buy the amp.

Now where can I find someone to buy the Mercury , there must be a website or something somewhere full of tonehounds queuing up to buy one at this price !
    I'd love one, but my desire for a PRS CE is overwhelming at the minute!
  • The Mercury is a great amp... and, to my mind, £950 sounds like a very good price. Coda have got a 2nd hand one at the moment... for £1599.
    Thanks guys , mansons have the same one used for £1595 too so I think it's a good price (it reflects Arktiks original good price to me of course )
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16080
    Tis Cheap that amplification device ………and very good indeed
    Thanks Dominic , high praise that :-)
    Sorry not a bump as such , just a note to say that it's FS only now . Thanks to @andy1839  I've ordered a new dsl40 from Guitar Village for close to what I expected to pay for a decent used one .  Thanks mate !
    Sorry not a bump as such , just a note to say that it's FS only now . Thanks to @andy1839  I've ordered a new dsl40 from Guitar Village for close to what I expected to pay for a decent used one .  Thanks mate !
    No problem mate, I'm an enabler  :3

Makes me almost as happy seeing other people getting gear they want as it does when I get new toys. 

Almost...
    Can't you just feel the love !
    amazes me that this Mercury hasn'y gone within minutes ......I loved mine 
    Cheers Dominic and I'm a bit surprised too tbh.
    - I've just put it on Reverb at a higher price so we will see what happens.

Ive got my old Tele back (or will have in a few weeks) so I'm going to be selling a few more bits to pay for it. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come as at that price I thought it'll be gone.
    Bump !
    Still here folks, still lovely.
    Circumstances have changed and the amp is getting a second chance :-)
    Back up FS guys , my finances right now won't let me keep it. Who'd have thought scaffolding was so bloody expensive !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
    Hold fire. A bloke from work wants to test it in band setting next week. He fears it may not be loud enough , I'm not so sure 
    Wow....Billy Bargain........of course you could go and buy the identical amp from Coda 's secondhand site which is £700 more expensive !!!!!
    People must have stones for brains not to have snaffled this