Glastonbury 2017 - who are you looking forward to seeing

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14180
edited June 2017 in Music tFB Trader
On about the extensive media coverage - be it BBC TV or via WWW.BBC coverage

Anything that you are looking forward to seeing

Last year I recall watching Gary Clarke Junior - but can't see any similar 'blues' act this year

Only have 1 Foo Fighters Album, but looking forward to seeing them kick dirt on Sat night - after that I'm not so sure

Barry Gibb on Sunday 'legends slot' should have a good number of songs and I dare say a good band
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6480
    I shall give Radiohead another try, but not a lot else I'm that interested in this year.

I am NOT looking forward to people on social media boring on about "What the hell is Ed Sheeran doing headlining Glastonbury?" when I am sure he will put on a great set and go down a storm.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Just looking at the line up - thin pickings for me this year, although I often give unfamiliar people a go if they are on the iPlayer.
    If they are filmed just some old school for me : Chic, The Pretenders, Toots and The Maytalls, Seth Lakeman, Drop kick Murphy's, Jah Wobble. Royal Blood are much loved by my son so that will be blasted around the house. 
    If I was actually there possibly Sleaford Mods just to throw stuff at them for being such a bag of shite. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14180
    tFB Trader
    just noticed Chic are playing so hope they are as good and tight as last time - awesome band last time
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5141
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    Just looked at the line up and tomorrow looks like the day that most acts I want to see would be on.  First Aid Kit, The XX, Radiohead and maybe Royal Blood.  I'm sure I'll end up watching the Foo Fighters on Saturday. 

Father John Misty on the John Peel stage I wouldn't mind watching either.  Same goes for Warpaint.  Not sure about much else.  Only bands I would want to see on Sunday would maybe London Grammar, Chic and Laura Marling.  Can't be arsed with Ed Sheeran and Biffy Clyro do my head in.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    For me its the best lineup in years. All three headliners should be great, plus Biffy Clyro are always great at a festival. Lorde should be fantastic. And Flaming Lips will be brilliant, though putting them on at the same time as Radiohead seems a very strange choice.

Though I'm slightly confused as to why the Kaiser Chiefs even still exist. 

And just as surprising, we have Kiefer Sutherland on the Avalon stage, potentially showing us that he can actually play that signature guitar he had from Gibson..?!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4525
    edited June 2017
    Radiohead, Ride, Goldfrapp, The Orb, Little Dragon and The Cinematic Orchestra for me this year.  Looking forward to seeing who the TBA spot on friday in the park will be as that's usually the highlight of the festival, Pulp's TBA being a winner a few years back
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Pretenders, Toots & The Maytails. And probably a lot people I've never heard of :)
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Frankly... not a lot.

Roni Size would be cool, as would some of the stuff in the Acoustic Tent but really, its slim pickings.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6480
    tone1 said:
    Jo Whiley  B)
    Really? Even though she is massively irritating?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarZeroGuitarZero Frets: 254
    I usually do a festival or two each year but I couldn't find one that really appealed to me that much.  I don't know if it's a sign of old age, but to me the line-ups at all the major festivals seem a bit sub-par this year.  Glasto definitely has the best that's on offer, but I'm glad I decided to give it a miss this year.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5141
    tone1 said:
    Jo Whiley  B)
    Really? Even though she is massively irritating?
    Sorry, ''twas the first thing that came to mind  :)
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1131
    i just looked at the lineup, there must be about 5000 bands on, 4995 i've never heard of...

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2017/?stage

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    I'd watch

Royal Blood
    First aid kit (saw them a couple of years ago and they were excellent)
    Ed Sheeran
    Biffy Clyro
    George Ezra 
    Alt J
    Dropkick Murphy's (one of my fave bands)
    Goldfrapp
    Seth Lakeman
    Corrine Bailey Ray
    KT Tunstall
    Ani Di Franco

Plenty of good stuff there,. and bound to be a few things you never heard of before that are excellent.
  • Biffy Clyro- always good at festivals
    frank Carter and the rattlesnakes- I loved his first album
    foo fighters- again, generally good at festivals their back catalogue is HUGE so they can change build a great set. 
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Margo Price is going to be there, should be good. 
  • PowerslavePowerslave Frets: 98

Aside from probably looking in on Mr Gibb for the reasons Mark gives in his opening post, there's nothing there for me.

Traditionally, that's what my take on Glastonbury has always been. However, just in the last couple of years there have been one or two wild-cards per line-up which have been more my thing - Gary Clark Jr, Seasick Steve, John Fogerty (who was absolutely bob-on), Motorhead and ZZ Top.

I'll probably drop in and out of coverage though on the off-chance that something catches my ear, and there's always a distinct and enjoyable vibe even through the TV.

But I most certainly wish fair weather and happy days to all those attending . . .

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Those oh so fantastic bits the BBC film with some numpty from radio 1 in wellies showing us the real festival away from the music stages...some sort of art installation involving oil drums and left over tent pegs from last year that sort of thing.

Haven't really looked at the line-up, but from posts above I'll check out the Ani DiFranco set (online, can't imagine they'll show it on the telly box).

Certainly Radiohead, and Biffy are great live. I'll be interested to see Ed Sheeran, I'm sure he'll go down great and after hearing his "desert lsland discs" interview I really respect what he's achieved, even though I'm not that familiar with much of his stuff.
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    edited June 2017
    Flaming Lips for me. As long as the coverage is varied and doesn't stick to repeating the pop bands Ill be happy though.

Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    Ride