Bullseye!

What's Hot
Sharpshooter kills his target with a shot from a distance 2.1miles.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40372403

I'll leave the moral aspect of shooting people overall but damn, that's impressive. The difficulty of said shot is ridiculous. Wind, curvature of the planet (hey, let's not go there again @siraxeman ) - some skill.
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    and not forgetting the supposed coreolis effect!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14224
    tFB Trader
    looks like the next Chris Kyle movie is on the way then
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    siraxeman said:
    and not forgetting the supposed coreolis effect!!
    I don't know why I'm bothering but... he was shooting from a tall building. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I read that earlier and felt a bit sad. Someone pulls a trigger 2 miles away and you are 10 seconds from death without even knowing it. The guy who was shot 'may' have been an unpleasant piece of work, but I wouldn't want that job, no Sir.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24300
    I saw that report earlier and thought... Why ar..    No, forget it.  It will only get twisted into another "in flames off a cliff" thread because I express a thought that may not match the approved, authorised consensus of the collective.

Resistance is futile.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22785

I thought this was going to be a discussion about the ever-popular Jim Bowen-fronted game show currently showing on Challenge TV.

I've always wondered if the winners of Bully's Star Prize ever actually used those speedboats.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28150
    Emp_Fab said:
    I saw that report earlier and thought... Why ar..    No, forget it.  It will only get twisted into another "in flames off a cliff" thread because I express a thought that may not match the approved, authorised consensus of the collective.

Fortunate that you still managed to get a dig in at everyone. Don't want to miss an opportunity!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:

I thought this was going to be a discussion about the ever-popular Jim Bowen-fronted game show currently showing on Challenge TV.

I've always wondered if the winners of Bully's Star Prize ever actually used those speedboats.

Two things... Firstly, a bloke I lived with in the 90s had a window cleaning round on a housing estate in Wembley and one of his customers had a dirty old speedboat in the garden.  He asked about it and the books said he won it on Bullseye and fell out with his partner over mooring fees, which they couldn't afford.

Secondly, I can never sing the theme to Bullseye without it turning into the SNES Super Mario World theme. :astonished: 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3448
    edited June 2017
    In Oneeee, A radio cassette recorder.
    In Twoooo, This fabulous Betamax video recorder,
    In Threeee, A fantastic chrome wine rack,
    And tonights star prize, this wonderful Ford Fiesta Popular Plus featuring rear seatbelts, Hub caps and an amazing AM/FM Radio for music on the go!.

A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
    I'm sure he was a horrible person and deserved to be killed but I can't help thinking if it was an ISIS sniper killing someone on our side that we'd think it was a cowardly piece of work.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3448
    So tell me again why , if they can do this , is it necessary to kill hundreds of thousands of civilians?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:
    Emp_Fab said:

Fortunate that you still managed to get a dig in at everyone. Don't want to miss an opportunity!
    Damn straight.  If I'm going to be pressured into self-censorship then I'm bloody well going to bitch about it !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6130
    tFB Trader
    the maths, at the firing point as well as the instinct, training and sheer ability are just mind boggling.... thats some insane shooting.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 990
    Quite some sighting too; with that time of flight it'd drop roughly 500m from LoS if fired horizontally...
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Wow! What a sick article!
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    See... Now I was going to say something along those lines, about how it was almost describing a great golf shot, with zero reference to the fact that a human life was taken.  The person who died was utterly incidental to the story.  I was going to say that that kind of casual disregard of life is almost as bad as that demonstrated by the warring parties, but I would have been pounced upon by frothy-mouthed abusers accusing me of supporting ISIS or something.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Emp_Fab said:
    See... Now I was going to say something along those lines, about how it was almost describing a great golf shot, with zero reference to the fact that a human life was taken.  The person who died was utterly incidental to the story.  I was going to say that that kind of casual disregard of life is almost as bad as that demonstrated by the warring parties, but I would have been pounced upon by frothy-mouthed abusers accusing me of supporting ISIS or something.
    I agree with you. :)

I tend to keep quieter though. It's almost like I can see into the future and save myself the pain of banging my head against a brick wall. ;)

The article would even have been better if it was purely about how relatively humane it is to disrupt enemy activity without killing civilians, though it would still have left me a bit cold, but they had to go on about breaking a record. I think Norris is more interested in pie-eating and very tall people.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7324
    Emp_Fab said:
    Its a good job you didn't say it then!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Emp_Fab said:

Resistance is futile.

This morning Emp Fab yawned, stretched and got out of bed. As he went for his morning wee he thought to himself, "What sort of dick shall I be today?" Would it be the racist dick? Would it be the self-superior dick? Or would it be the ever-popular know-it-all dick?

"No", he thought. "Today I shall be passive-aggressive dick", as he sat down at his computer...

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom