Issue with Triggering voodoo lab switcher via midi control change

infuzedinfuzed Frets: 5
edited June 2017 in FX
Hi
I have a simple setup with a Disaster area DMC-8 gen3 on my pedalboard that changes presets on my Timeline in a rack on top of my amp through midi (the timeline is in fx loop). All works great.

I want to reduce my cable snake to just have a midi cable and the guitar feed from the pedalboard to the rack.
I have a voodoolabs control switcher in the rack that i need to switch amp channels on the fly through midi.
The voodoolabs is changing with presets from the DMC-8 without issue. It is on midi channel1.

What i need is a small 4 button controller, or somesuch, that will send midi notes on channel 1 so i can step on preset 3 on the DMC-8 and have a preprogrammed choice of timeline preset and amp channel but then choose buttons on secondary controller to change the amp channel/settings on the fly without changing the patch on the TImeline which is what would happen if i used the DMC-8...

Secondary controller really needs 4 buttons and I suppose I could get away with it just being a program change rather than midi notes to change the control switcher as only that on midi channel 1, but that would limit some other ideas I have going forward...

Hope that makes sense.
Any input greatly appreciated!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    edited June 2017
    I thought with the dmc8 d gen3 you can change the amp channel using the multi jacks. I know on the DPC 5 gen3 which I've recently ordered you can using with the TRS output or the multi jack 

Or have I misunderstood?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • infuzedinfuzed Frets: 5
    edited June 2017
    yup can do all that, put it only outputs program change so affects the timeline though on the new firmware there is a dont change option and also a midi note output per preset which is great but my issue is more that i need the dmc-8 to handle the main presets, say different delays (or not) on each one and change the main amp channel/settings

BUT i also do a lot of changing the amp within the preset, so changing from clean to dirty or adding pre-amp-boost or mid-boost and then removing, on the fly.

At the moment i have the amp foot controller on the pedalboard and is a silly size and an extra cable. As i already have/need the control switcher for the presets i would like, effectively, a replacement for the amp foot controller. So the midi 4 switch box acts to amend the amp channel/settings independantly of the origianl choices within the preset...

I could by a DMC-4 but at £250 i'm thinking there must be a better way?

Hope that makes sense?

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    I think that's beyond my usage/understanding :( I'm selling my DMC 8D gen 2 soon though if that's any help to you? Probably not but thought I'd take the opportunity for a cheeky plug ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • infuzedinfuzed Frets: 5
    lol, no problem, really happy with the DMC-8, considering the DMC-4...
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    infuzed said:
    yup can do all that, put it only outputs program change so affects the timeline though on the new firmware there is a dont change option and also a midi note output per preset which is great but my issue is more that i need the dmc-8 to handle the main presets, say different delays (or not) on each one and change the main amp channel/settings

BUT i also do a lot of changing the amp within the preset, so changing from clean to dirty or adding pre-amp-boost or mid-boost and then removing, on the fly.

At the moment i have the amp foot controller on the pedalboard and is a silly size and an extra cable. As i already have/need the control switcher for the presets i would like, effectively, a replacement for the amp foot controller. So the midi 4 switch box acts to amend the amp channel/settings independantly of the origianl choices within the preset...

I could by a DMC-4 but at £250 i'm thinking there must be a better way?

Hope that makes sense?

Sounds like you need a more versatile Switcher. 

Glab
    Boss

Both do relay and midi switching, I have my Glab set up exactly as you describe. 

Controls presets on my H9 and amp channel, but I've got switches that control amp or H9 individually. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.