Burns Orbit 6 Circuit Diagram

What's Hot
jkirk170493jkirk170493 Frets: 27
hi guys,

ive recently bought a rare Orbit 6 (3 12 inch Fane's in it!). It's a beauty. 

Howevee, I can't find a circuit diagram to get it back up and running correctly. Does anyone have one, or know where I can get hold of one? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3144
    tFB Trader
    Not much to go wrong with these if I remember.

I'd start with:

- Renew electroyltics
    - Clean pots and sockets
    - Look for obvious signs of burnt resistors, leaky caps, dodgy wiring and remedy.

Then soft start with a current limiting device and check that you have rail voltage in the appropriate places.

If all ok, full power and inject sine-wave - check output. Scope around if required.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    I sold one of those a few years ago, maybe its the same amp. Is it serial 279? Mine came with a 3x12 extension cab too. The Fanes were not in good shape.

Unfortunately I didn't take any gut shots of it, only exterior shots but I can email them to you if any use?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72304
    If I remember rightly those are the amps Chas Chandler bought for Jimi Hendrix, who hated them. He and Noel Redding tried to blow them up so they could make Chas buy Marshalls for them instead, but they just wouldn't die. Supposedly they ended up being thrown downstairs until they stopped working...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    ICBM said:
    If I remember rightly those are the amps Chas Chandler bought for Jimi Hendrix, who hated them. He and Noel Redding tried to blow them up so they could make Chas buy Marshalls for them instead, but they just wouldn't die. Supposedly they ended up being thrown downstairs until they stopped working...
    The one I sold definitely looked as though someone had done just that. How else do you 'tear' a metal grill. Maybe I should have sold it for a fortune as ex-Hendrix.
  • DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    edited July 2017
    If memory serves these are 'all transistor' with the power supply and power amp at the bottom of the cab and pre-amp in the top chassis with the controls. Not sure what the output transistors were (2N3055s or maybe earlier?), if it is working but needs servicing and bringing up to scratch, than should be as relatively straightforward, if its dead, could be a nightmare without a schematic  s