Valve heads using Suhr reactive load and cab sim into FRFR

What's Hot
edbolivaredbolivar Frets: 153

Curious about a set up I saw on youtube, and wondering whether anyone here has tried it.

I have been debating slimming down on the number of cabs I have and came across a video, where someone was using their valve amps into the Suhr reactive load, then into the two notes CAB sim pedal and then into the Friedman ASM 12.

I like the idea of being able to crank the amps and change speaker IRs quickly with the small footprint that the FRFR speaker has, and at any volume.

However, not found a shop that has all of the above to enable me to test the set up...

Thoughts from those who have used the above appreciated. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• edbolivaredbolivar Frets: 153

Here is a link to the video I mention above

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352

I have used amps + reactive load box, (not the Suhr, but the Two Notes Live and Rivera Rockcrusher), and with the latter, I've put this through the Two Notes CAB.

They sound excellent.

I've also used a valve pre-amp pedal into the Two Notes CAB live which also sounded epic. Since moving to the Helix I don't have this setup any more and am selling the CAB, but its a setup that served me very well.

• I have a suhr reactive load and use it with IRs loaded in the DAW and studio monitors. I'm also about to experiment with plugging a head into a Helix and using the IRs in that.

Sounds good to me for home use and is very flexible.

I still have a few different real cabs because I havent needed to sell them, but most times it's a toss up between what I plug into. Especially at lower levels in a flat, I find it's hard to drive a guitar speaker properly anyway.

Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've used a Bogner Shiva head into Two Notes Live direct to PA and it sounded and, just as important, felt great. I now use my Helix into TN direct which I'm also happy with.