Amazon Prime Day

What's Hot
Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
edited July 2017 in Guitar
Will there be any guitar or music making related gear for sale?

I don't have a membership, and having a big sale day without telling you what might be on sale isn't convincing me...

Last Black Friday was pretty disappointing on the guitar front, so...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    edited July 2017
    Last Black Friday sale on the Amazon front was pretty disappointing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Jack_ said:
    Will there be any guitar or music making related gear for sale?

I don't have a membership, and having a big sale day without telling you what might be on sale isn't convincing me...

Last Black Friday was pretty disappointing on the guitar front, so...
    Don't know about guitar stuff, but I bought a computer and a monitor on Prime Day last year.  They had an additional 20% off all of the warehouse deals (normally customer returns).  The computer was a decent deal.  The monitor was a good £50 cheaper than I could find it anywhere else, and there wasn't a mark on it.

They have a 2016 LP Traditional in the warehouse deals at the moment:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gibson-Traditional-Premium-Finish-Electric/dp/B015MXETTM/ref=sr_1_47?m=A2OAJ7377F756P&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1499091224&sr=1-47

If they do the 20% off of that then it would be a good price.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ExorcistExorcist Frets: 604
    I bought an LP Standard last Prime day, I think I payed about £1100 - it was an absolute dog and went straight back. I am starting to learn my lesson about buying guitars without playing them first. Although to be fair, the return process was easy.
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    Final day to sign up for amazon prime with 20% off today. 

Existing customers can do a live chat and end their current sub, sign up again for £59 (I couldn;t find the live chat though).

Apparently it's cheaper to become a lifetime student via an online course and get yourself an NUS card.
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/amazon-prime-for-39-6-months-free-when-get-student-status-14-via-groupon-nus-card-2730087

If you can be arsed.  :)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    The only thing that would be useful to me about Prime is the one-day-delivery, but it's not enough for me to pay £60 a year for, when everything over £20 is free anyway, and things under are often cheaper on eBay.

I don't need TV or Music or Cloud Storage etc...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited July 2017
    Jack_ said:
    The only thing that would be useful to me about Prime is the one-day-delivery, but it's not enough for me to pay £60 a year for, when everything over £20 is free anyway, and things under are often cheaper on eBay.

I don't need TV or Music or Cloud Storage etc...

I've not bought prime yet, but as a father of 2 who works 6 days a week (as does my wife) I honestly think prime would be worth it for me in December alone. I used my free trial last year about a week before Christmas and the next day delivery was a god send, really close actually buying it this year.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    I've had prime for a few years and it's great - the same day service is an absolute hoot as well.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • just get yourself a gmail address and sign up for a free trial every month. the good thing about gmail is you can just put a full stop anywhere in the address and you then get a new email for amazon purposes but all emails still go to the main gmail account. no need to change address or credit card
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    just get yourself a gmail address and sign up for a free trial every month. the good thing about gmail is you can just put a full stop anywhere in the address and you then get a new email for amazon purposes but all emails still go to the main gmail account. no need to change address or credit card
    Just a warning, some people tried the same thing with Tesco vouchers once and got caught and done for theft...

Because even if you are stealing from Amazon it's still immoral, their tax arrangements notwithstanding! :)
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    just get yourself a gmail address and sign up for a free trial every month. the good thing about gmail is you can just put a full stop anywhere in the address and you then get a new email for amazon purposes but all emails still go to the main gmail account. no need to change address or credit card
    We're surely not too far off Amazon having their own customer enforcement squads - possibly drone dropped into your neighbourhood. I'm keen not to leave a trail to my front door.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    I've had prime for the last few months, not sure if I'll carry on yet.  One thing we do is order things using the 'no rush' option which takes a day or so extra but it also gives you (on most things) £1 voucher towards mp3s and videos, using this I've managed to buy a couple albums and rent a couple of films - that helps sweeten the deal 
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    Gmail ignores full stops. So the.fretboard@ is the same as thefretboard@

Also, it's fraud as mentioned above
  • ExorcistExorcist Frets: 604
    shuikit said:
    I've had prime for the last few months, not sure if I'll carry on yet.  One thing we do is order things using the 'no rush' option which takes a day or so extra but it also gives you (on most things) £1 voucher towards mp3s and videos, using this I've managed to buy a couple albums and rent a couple of films - that helps sweeten the deal 
    FWIW I take advantage of this too - the things I'm not in a rush for I use 'no rush' and put the money towards kindle books that I would have bought anyway. Sometimes this goes up to £3 for no rush, although they haven't done that for a while. The odd time they miss next day delivery I have had an extra month added when I have complained. For me its worth the money. Its shared with my wife too I think, and is great for Christmas time, or when you have left buying Birthday presents to the last minute.. 
    I'd probably feel satisfied for defrauding Amazon, let alone lose a wink of sleep.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Jack_ said:
    I'd probably feel satisfied for defrauding Amazon, let alone lose a wink of sleep.
    Yeah stick it to the man, man ;)
  • carlos said:

absolute rubbish - in what way is it fraud. You are simply setting up a new account. there are no terms and conditions to tick to state that you have never used amazon before. do you really think amazon care.  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    carlos said:

absolute rubbish - in what way is it fraud. You are simply setting up a new account. there are no terms and conditions to tick to state that you have never used amazon before. do you really think amazon care.  

Fits the definition of Fraud on a couple of counts according to - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraud_Act_2006

As to whether they care, yes, they probably do.  Whether they care enough to pursue you individually I doubt it, but that doesn't make it right, does it?

There are lots of things you can do that are morally wrong or morally dubious, but for which you might never be charged or caught - does that make it correct or acceptable to do them?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    It could be convincingly argued that using Amazon in the first place is morally wrong which puts your argument up shit street. (seeing as you're lecturing others)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I don't like it when mommy and daddy fight.

I didn't start this thread for people to argue about Amazon and fraud, I wanted to know if I'd be able to get a LP Jr for £1.46.
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2017
    It could be convincingly argued that using Amazon in the first place is morally wrong which puts your argument up shit street. (seeing as you're lecturing others)
    No it can't, an individual is responsible for their personal actions, an individual is not responsible for UK tax policy, unless they are chancellor of the exchequer (full disclosure: I'm not, though if I were I'd do something about the way big business is taxed for sure).

FWIW - if you think nicking off big corporations is OK because "like dude, the man is like, totally woah" or whatever is OK, I disagree!  But getting on your high-horse is for speakers corner, not in here.

Edit:  We aren't going to agree on this bro and we both know where we stand so let's agree to strongly disagree?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom