New toy - Apogee One

What's Hot
I'd been keeping an eye on eBay for a used one for ages - finally snagged one and connected it up to iOS today.

Very very impressed.

Anyone else using Apogee stuff?
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    I have an Apogee Jam. Much simpler than the One but it's a great little widget.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Was planning on getting one but thinking of going the UAD Apollo route instead.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    If you're interested in a used Apollo Twin message me - it has to be sold with its associated plugins but depending what you need might be a good deal :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    edited July 2017
    TimmyO said:
    If you're interested in a used Apollo Twin message me - it has to be sold with its associated plugins but depending what you need might be a good deal :-) 
    I wish I knew what I needed! I have an old Focusrite Saffire (the original one with built-in DSP) which is getting on a bit and is pretty bulky.  Can't decide whether to get something small and simpler, or get something all-singing-all-dancing.

btw is the Apogee One you bought the iOS/USB version or the 'full fat' version?

This one went for only 26 quid (350 new)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apogee-One-usb-Interface-/152579438647?hash=item2386717837:g:kvEAAOSwyrFZOqp6
  • BenBen Frets: 114
    I'm using an Apogee Jam 96K, works very nicely!
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    mellowsun said:
    TimmyO said:
    I wish I knew what I needed! I have an old Focusrite Saffire (the original one with built-in DSP) which is getting on a bit and is pretty bulky.  Can't decide whether to get something small and simpler, or get something all-singing-all-dancing.

btw is the Apogee One you bought the iOS/USB version or the 'full fat' version?

This one went for only 26 quid (350 new)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Apogee-One-usb-Interface-/152579438647?hash=item2386717837:g:kvEAAOSwyrFZOqp6
    That's an old Mac/USB only one I think (but still a massive bargain!) 

I got the current Mac and iOS version - used off eBay 
    Red ones are better. 
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
    edited July 2017
    Always been interested in Apogee but also always been priced out since it gets quite expensive if you need more than 4 preamps.  My g/f's dad has a Duet and I think he rates it.

I'm just using Focusrite stuff, a Scarlett 2i4 for mobile and a Clarett 8PreX for home.  I keep meaning to sell my Scarlett 18i20 but I keep forgetting to look for/replace the kettle lead as it got lost  at some point.