PSA: Paul C Tim 2017

What's Hot
BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4778
edited July 2017 in FX
For those who are interested and have been awaiting this news as much as me, Paul Cochrane creator of the amazing Tim and Timmy overdrive pedals, (the Timmy is one of the best out there imo), wrote this on his FB wall last night:

Hi Carmon, I don't make a Timmy with top mounted jacks. The main issue is with the height of the box and trying to get jacks to sit above the circuit. If I were to drop the 9v battery option it might be possible, but that would take a retooling of everything... I am finally finishing up the new Tim, and it will have top mounted jacks. Take care, Paul

Then followed it up with this on TGP:

Yeah - I missed my goal of last fall. Lot's of things since that time have thrown this thing off. My wife spent three weeks in the hospital last Sept. She also works with me stuffing circuit boards, so that was a big time delay along with the hospital bills which I've finally paid off. Then of course $5k for braces for my daughter... That one hurt! Right now I'm building Timmys 24/7 trying to raise the funds to put the Tim out. I don't want to take out a loan/prepayments/crowd funding, so I'm doing it the old fashioned way of saving up. The good thing is it's given me a lot of time to work on the graphics. What I was going to put out last fall really sucked compared to what I've got for it now. 

PaulC
Timmy pedals

Cannot wait to get hold of a Tim, my Timmy is my single greatest pedal and having one with a boost is gonna be amazing. That is all!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    The contrast between his attitude to money and funding and the "chip in and buy me a 1962 Strat" freeloading is quite stark really, isn't it?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 16reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4778
    Definitely, I think Paul C is a class above a lot of pedal makers and music instrument business people in general. I remember ordering the Timmy from him in the US and calling him on the phone as that as the only way back then! Such a gent to talk to and a great all round family man too. I have no qualms being a purchaser of his products and will avoid all the stuff that has either directly ripped him off or at the very least been inspired by it, (Jan Ray).

Of course others can buy what they please before someone derails this thread with ethical discussions, I just meant personally.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    The contrast between his attitude to money and funding and the "chip in and buy me a 1962 Strat" freeloading is quite stark really, isn't it?

Yes. People should work for their goals and kudos to those who do. Plenty of people out there worth supporting.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6129
    tFB Trader
    one of the true gents in the industry, Paul is a great guy
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9527
    Paul C - a man of integrity
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulphoenixpaulphoenix Frets: 141

Yeah - I missed my goal of last fall. Lot's of things since that time have thrown this thing off. My wife spent three weeks in the hospital last Sept. She also works with me stuffing circuit boards, so that was a big time delay along with the hospital bills which I've finally paid off. Then of course $5k for braces for my daughter... That one hurt! Right now I'm building Timmys 24/7 trying to raise the funds to put the Tim out. I don't want to take out a loan/prepayments/crowd funding, so I'm doing it the old fashioned way of saving up. The good thing is it's given me a lot of time to work on the graphics. What I was going to put out last fall really sucked compared to what I've got for it now. 

PaulC
    Timmy pedals

I'd happily buy a new Tim from Paul C. So if he thinks he's busy now - what's going to happen when all his Timmy customers order a new and improved Tim? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    That nice, stand-up attitude has kind of made me want to buy one. I'd never thought of needing a Tim before now.
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 848
    Does this make my original Breadboard V1 Tim worth more??
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    How can you order one? 
    edited July 2017
    The new Tim hasn't been launched yet, you can order a Timmy direct from Paul or pick one up at loads of dealers.

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13939
    edited July 2017
    But is he a savvy business man? He's making a highly regarded product but not making much money. He's not capitalising on the inherent value in his brand. Maybe he doesn't want to, which is fair enough.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 439
    Paul's a man of great integrity  a thoroughly nice guy. Every pedal fan should own a genuine Timmy at least once. 
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    But is he a savvy business man? He's making a highly regarded product but not making much money. He's not capitalising on the inherent value in his brand. Maybe he doesn't want to, which is fair enough.
    Why would that make him savvy? It doesn't come across to me that he's actively controlling supply levels to increase hype.
    Jeez so the guy isn't a rampant capitalist..... Makes me keener to buy from him to be honest.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Yeah, that's just what the world needs, more greedy, rapacious, ruthless money grubbing toads like Mr Vertex.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111
    I read that comment and the Bill Hicks sketch on marketing goes through my head. 

Hahaha, love Bill Hicks....

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    If only he was British.... instead of paying off hospital bills he could be investing in new tooling :)

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13939
    Cabicular said:
    If only he was British.... instead of paying off hospital bills he could be investing in new tooling :)

But his wife would still be on a NHS waiting list and his daughter wouldn't need braces because we brits have bad teeth anyway (according to Americans)