Rip Carol Lee Scott (Grotbags)

What's Hot
Loved watching her as a kid. 

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24199
    edited July 2017
    She was ace. Big part of my youthful telly watching.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    RIP.  She was a legend of my childhood. 
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

She was a total legend when I was a kid. Lived local to me as well, and we used to see her when we were out shopping. I remember the first time, my Mum pointed her out to me in Tescos, and I didn't believe it was her as she wasn't wearing all the make-up/costume etc. She had some signed pictures on her though, and she gave me one of them.

Very nice lady :)

RIP

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I have no clue who Grotbags is, however, oldest son had a phase where he dyed his long curly hair green. The dad of one girl friend of his laughed at him and called him Grotbags.

Sounds like she was popular with a certain age though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    I'm told we I met her in the early to mid 80's my auntie sang for a lot of Pontins and Butlins summer seasons, and my mum used to say about how we used to hang out with her. 

Honestly the only thing I can recall was my aunties band all wearing purple sequinned shirts. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • fobfob Frets: 1430
    She could sing a bit too. I actually have a clip of her downloaded from Youtube singing some Rock & Roll standards with Chas & Dave (long story) but it seems to have been taken down from the site. Not as good but still:

• Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    She was an 80's legend.

Strange the things that come back to you. Just watching that clip above, anyone else remember they changed croc? That one is clearly croc mark 2, a cheaper looking outfit than croc mark 1 shown in this pic:

Why did they change croc? Why? It ruined the entire program for me.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Aw. I've been to her house, my dad was her window cleaner. She was very nice.
    My V key is broken
  • Streaky bonehead! :) The second Crock was rubbish and everyone in school could say "yesh mishush Grotbagsh" better than he could.

I thought I saw her in a car once about 25 years ago in NW London. Do any of you that met/knew her know if she had a silver Honda Civic years ago?

All together now... "There's somebody at the door. There's somebody at the door."

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24262
    I'm feeling distinctly old now.  I had no had idea who she was, so googled her.  Turns out when she was on the telly, I was twenty-seven and touching thirty when she stopped.

Does nobody remember Andy Pandy, The Herbs, Trumpton, Chigley or Mary, Mungo & Midge ?   :/
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • No.  Do you remember the original "Jesus Weekender"? :)
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    No.  Do you remember the original "Jesus Weekender"? :)

@Guitar_Slinger No, was this the basic premise?

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/6b/6b79d4ea3218ed4f7f9961a629d6eaace299e76671de4396ec9da3d42064e13b.jpg

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Emp_Fab said:
    I'm feeling distinctly old now.  I had no had idea who she was, so googled her.  Turns out when she was on the telly, I was twenty-seven and touching thirty when she stopped.

Does nobody remember Andy Pandy, The Herbs, Trumpton, Chigley or Mary, Mungo & Midge ?   :/

Yup. And the Woodentops and Bill & Ben. And Zokko, remember that one? The pinball machine?

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Emp_Fab said:

Yup. And the Woodentops and Bill & Ben. And Zokko, remember that one? The pinball machine?

NO. On account of the rest of us not being prehistoric old farts.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24262
    Oh I remember the Woodentops and Bill & Ben.  Never heard of Zokko though.  What about UFO, The Tomorrow People, Blake's Seven, Pinky & Perky, Watch with Mother, The Banana Splits, HR Puff n' Stuff, The Aeronauts, Camberwick Green, Magpie, Tiswas, SwapShop etc!
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited July 2017
    DLM said:
    No.  Do you remember the original "Jesus Weekender"?

@Guitar_Slinger No, was this the basic premise?

Yes, that's it - the spoiler poster for Franco Zeffirelli's five-hour mini-series Jesus of Nazareth, starring Robert Powell and a load of other people* who hoped you've forgotten they were ever in it.  I'm sure it's still shown every Easter on Italian television.

*Ernest Borgnine as a Roman Centurion, James Earl Jones as Balthazar, Stacy Keach as Barabbas, James Mason as Joseph of Arimathea, Ian McShane as Judas Iscariot, Laurence Olivier as Nicodemus, Donald Pleasence as Melchior, Christopher Plummer as Herod Antipas, Anthony Quinn as Caiaphas, Ralph Richardson as Simeon, Rod Steiger as Pontius Pilate, Peter Ustinov as Herod the Great, Michael York as John the Baptist.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom