Oil City Pickups - Wow

What's Hot
Hi All

Spent the morning fitting a Thames Delta bridge pickup into my cheapo
chinese Telecaster.

This is the first Oil City Pickup i have tried,i did buy a set of Triple Blues,but they have been
with my Luthier for 4 weeks so i haven't heard them yet.

If they are anywhere near as good as this Tele pickup i will be well pleased.

So thanks for the help Ash,everyone tells me your pickups are good,now i know
for myself just how good they are.

Alan

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yup, they are the doggie's doo dahs.

How are you getting on with the tele? If I remember correctly, you're a strat man.
  • asimmdasimmd Frets: 115
    edited February 2014
    Not done much with the Tele yet,I was waiting till I got the pickups sorted. Now that's done I will be looking for something to play. Hopefully I will be getting my new Strat next week,my luthier sent a message asking me to send the case for it. I asked him to do some pictures of the build so if he has I will post them here. Alan
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10264
    tFB Trader
    Glad you like the Thames Delta mate :)
    I'm pointing out to everyone that I am now calling them the Oil City Original Thames Delta, as after two years+ of producing them, another UK pickup maker has decided to use the Thames Delta name on one of their products and I don't want customer confusion.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• That's not on.  Is the name not registered/copyrighted? (I don't know how this stuff works)
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    That's a bit much..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    "Then we had to change our name to the New Originals as there was another band in the East End called The Originals..."
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    The Fatboy guitars facebook page shows them introduced late 2012, about a year after the Oil City ones, probably just an idea whose time had come (Oil City Confidential was released 2009). Though since they're based in the Isle of Wight you might want to keep an eye out they don't release a Cowes-Tron.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was pretty miffed when I saw that, but nice one on changing the name and keeping things clear. :)
  • Think a polite letter is in order asking them to be respectful of your product naming. For a small business it's too expensive to do trademarks. Point out they are hardly going to cover themselves in glory in what is after all a small niche market and yours are made on the Thames delta.If that fails I would check the European database to see if they have any names registered and if not would inform them that you will be launching a few name a likes. It never comes to that and most reasonable people will try and work it out.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom